Tray under mark 2 gti

chewittgti

HI,

Im going to service the ibiza soon, and i only had a quick glance the other day but i noticed their is a tray attached to the underneath of the car, similar to a sump guard or for aerodynamics.

I just wondered hwo easy it is to take off so i can do the oil chage.

James.

Jun 14, 2005
Northants.
chewittgti said:
HI,

Im going to service the ibiza soon, and i only had a quick glance the other day but i noticed their is a tray attached to the underneath of the car, similar to a sump guard or for aerodynamics.

I just wondered hwo easy it is to take off so i can do the oil chage.

James.

Screws and bolt fixings (about 9!) thats all!

A ratchet extension helps and decent screwdrivers (longer handled pref.)

remove all inc. the one to the front bumper/vallance, but leave one at the back for support until your ready to remove the tray completely.

jcs356

Cordy owner
Jul 12, 2004
Englandland
Mine (94 8v GTi) never had one.
Then again, if it did, I'd probably have taken it off by now to save weight :eek:)

illzlee

it's easy to take it off mate, just make sure you put all the fixings back on.........or you could end up trying to plough your local dual carriageway like i did with my cordoba.

2 miles away from my house and the front fell off, felt a right t/t:lol:

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Half of mine fell off in my hand yesterday!

I'll be taking it to the tip tomorrow, along with my Focus! :happy:

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
take off and bin it,just don't do any dukes of hazard style river jumps and you'll be alright,and if you have an oil leak at anytime you can spot it on the floor before the its too late.

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Mine pulled off in about 10 seconds once I undid the bolts holding it around the front, then I undid the bolts around the back and removed the broken bits...all in all, 15 minutes work!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise