triangle window glass cost

strensall

May 14, 2005
YORK
Does anyone Know how much the little triangle window near the wing mirror is likely to cost.mine got smashed and don't fancy getting ripped of tommorow when I go to the Stealers.
thanks gareth

jamfool

Search + Read = ANSWERS!
Aug 15, 2005
Nottingham
I had to replace the drivers side after having to smash the window to get into the car after my dog locked me out with the keys in the ignition! Damn deadlock button and pups on the passenger seat don't mix well!

It cost around £125 (after a little discount) - it's a single sealed unit including all mouldings attached from inside via three bolts. Access to them after removing the interior A pillar is easy, 10 minute job.

jamfool

Search + Read = ANSWERS!
Aug 15, 2005
Nottingham
£125... just claim on your insurance for £60

Insurance renewed on the same day it happened and as I did the damage they weren't going to cover it under the windscreen cover - autoglass wanted £500 for a sameday repair which made £125 a worthy option - if your insurance will cover it without an excess payment it's the way forward.

strensall

May 14, 2005
YORK
Thanks for that,was expecting a few hundred to be honest,thats what nearly happened to me.Me and the wife had gone away for the weekend I got out of the car to get the keys for our log cabin and she got out to let the dog out but instead of pressing the open side of the button pushed the lock and then shut the door. Its amazing how hard it is to find a brick and a piece of stick when you need one especially in a busy holiday park carpark.

dainott2105

mk1 Cupra and mk2 FR TDI
Nov 4, 2006
swansea
just replaced the passenger one on mine and managed to get one for £25 from a breakers and you remove the inner a pillar cover and its 3 bolts. Job done! If your after the drivers side then try Max on 07514 963939 who is currently breaking one.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.