Trouble with central locking (HELP PLZ)

RabReith89

Jul 7, 2009
Aberdeen, Scotland
Well as above am having problems with my central locking, whats happening is when i try and use my thob to open or lock my car its not doing it so am having to use the key at the moment.

My big concern is that i cant get into my petrol cap :confused:

This all started i think when my window wiper arm came off the rail and touch the body which made my car cut off, could this have any thing to do with it??

(PS) car is running fine once i put the arm back on the motor.

I checked all fusses, replaced the thob batts ran out of ideas.... also whats the lil red button behind the drivers seat???

Thanks Rab

Last edited:

chris_200120vt

MR carbon fibre
Oct 4, 2008
YEADON, LEEDS
when you put your key into the door handle are you turning it just the once as im pretty sure that youve got to turn it twice to open the petrol flap, as for the switch down on the door card if you press it on it lets you have the windows open and you can lock the car without the alarm going off

RabReith89

Jul 7, 2009
Aberdeen, Scotland
when you put your key into the door handle are you turning it just the once as im pretty sure that youve got to turn it twice to open the petrol flap, as for the switch down on the door card if you press it on it lets you have the windows open and you can lock the car without the alarm going off

Yea mate am just turning it the once untill i see the drivers door lock pop up, I will go out and try that now.

Oh right get ya bud cheers.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members