tt comps :S

Aug 31, 2010
Lurgan, Northern Ireland
26217_105074832846820_100000329124459_117986_3676388_n.jpg

I tried my mates on my car to see what it looked like, thats what made me decide to buy 16's cos they rub too badly lol.

Is that what 17's would look like on standard suspension?? :blink: Or are the tyres a higher profile on that picture?
I'm thinking of getting a set of these for my Ibiza but I'd have to stick to standard suspension unfortunately. :(
If thats how high it sits, I might just stick to the standard 15's. :censored:

Veyron

Dec 3, 2009
Birmingham
Is that what 17's would look like on standard suspension?? :blink: Or are the tyres a higher profile on that picture?
I'm thinking of getting a set of these for my Ibiza but I'd have to stick to standard suspension unfortunately. :(

The profile was quite high, i can't remember the exact size but it must have been high as it rubbed on full lock and bumps!

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com

:no: The car doesn't look like its been moved since being jacked up. The suspension hasn't settled, that's why it looks like a 4x4!

The profile is all wrong, those tyres would be a 45 profile and to fit the Ibiza with no rubbing you would want a 40 profile tyre!

This is what mine looked like when I fitted some 17" TT alloys with 45 profile tyres.

CIMG2240.jpg

CIMG2238.jpg

These photos are what my 17" cupra starfish alloys looked like when I fitted them on standard suspension (40 profile tyres)
CIMG2343.jpg

CIMG2338.jpg

CIMG2344.jpg

Aug 31, 2010
Lurgan, Northern Ireland
Late reply, but thanks Gooner_Mike. That doesn't look too bad. I'd love my Ibiza lowered though, it makes it look so much better, but I cant afford it and don't want to buy cheapo coilovers.
I'm quite possibly buying a set of TT comps very soon though. Mirror polished and with new tyres (although they are a cheap tyre) for £330! I think its a bargain! :D :funk:

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
30112009123.jpg

Standard setup on my FR, with 205/40/17 (Standard fit) tyres on. I think the car needs to be lowered from the factory, its rediculously high!

TT Comps are what I'm looking for, but I'm just waiting to find a bargain - I'm in no rush to buy them just now :)

Aug 31, 2010
Lurgan, Northern Ireland
Got my TT Comps on Monday and fitted them on Tuesday! Very pleased with them, they look the part imo. A bit of lowerage would make a big difference but I cant afford that lol!
Anyone got any advice on how to clean/maintain the mirror polished face? Any products you recommend?

Kris@Forge

Forge Motorsport
I have ordered a polo rear wiper unit today the same as i had on my last red TDI ;)

And yes dont get me started on that bloody badge,

When i bought it i hated the badge , so i decided to try and remove it.

only to find that the previous owner had superglued it on!!!!!!!!

So its now on my list of to do's to get the boot repainted and that silly badge will be gone ;)

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
I have ordered a polo rear wiper unit today the same as i had on my last red TDI ;)

And yes dont get me started on that bloody badge,

When i bought it i hated the badge , so i decided to try and remove it.

only to find that the previous owner had superglued it on!!!!!!!!

So its now on my list of to do's to get the boot repainted and that silly badge will be gone ;)

:lol: FFS.