Tune or not to tune

Klang J

Apr 15, 2006
Right guys I need advise. I been thinking about this for nearly 2 years so its now or never.

Got a FR 20 VT standard and always wanted to tune it but never got round to it for money and chickenin out reasons. Am at the point now do I pay it of for another few years on my finance and leave it standard then change it for a new car, albiet what ever it will be will cost me too much. I think the FR was nicely priced so ....Anyway.

Is a FR with a remap and few other bits that much more powerful than a clio 172 cup I used to have for example.

I have a habit of changing my car before I finished having fun with em so I would like to keep the FR for a long time I just want it to be that bit faster. I do miss how raw the clio was and want that thugishness back. ( yes I know the Ibiza will never handle like a clio I acept that)

I dont really want to trial a remap as I would prefer to be surprised by it after I bought it.

Jun 24, 2007
durham
the map makes a big difference i would say a mapped fr will slightly pull on a 172/182 ive had to change at 5.5k revs to stop going into the back of a 172

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
I'm thinking about doing the trial myself, from what people on here say it makes a big difference

thing is after the trial it will seem slow :cartman:

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
such an easy question to answer GET A REMAP! make such a huge diffrence! but get the pannel filter and the forge split r or the forge 007 to take the new power ;)

Jun 24, 2007
durham
I'm thinking about doing the trial myself, from what people on here say it makes a big difference

thing is after the trial it will seem slow :cartman:

dont get it unless you have the money to put it on permantly i didnt even let the trial run out and it was on for good as i didnt want it to go back to being what felt slow

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
dont get it unless you have the money to put it on permantly i didnt even let the trial run out and it was on for good as i didnt want it to go back to being what felt slow

don't worry, I have the money, I could buy Rash's car for cash if I wanted but I'm too conservative :shrug:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise