Tuning advice

ThomSeagal

Nov 19, 2020
Hi all,

I am currently in the proces of tunign my 2016 pre-opf cupra 290 to 400Hp. (And not 1hp less :) )
I recently bought the following products:
  • Racingline r600intake
  • Racingline Turbo inlet
  • Racingline turbo muffler delete
  • Racingline TURBO INLET HOSE
I am planning on buying a full scorpion resonated cat-back system (With downpipes and a kat)

Will this be enough to have a minimum of 400hp? And if so, will I need a larger intercooler or is the default one also good enough for this? I am not planning on doing a lot of track use. Just some German autobahn fun of cruising with occasionally flooring it.

Are there any easy engine mods that can be done to benefit the engine? Like this kit: https://www.ctsturbo.com/product/cts-mqb-mk7-a3-s3-turbo-outlet-pipe-kit-2-5/

Also I was wondering if it is possible to have different maps for each driving mode? Like comfort downtuned to 200hp and sport with 300 and cupra with 400.

arossi101

Cupra 290 ST
Sep 5, 2016
Glasgow
Good start, non resonated would sound better and is it a sports cat youve looked into getting?
Definitely need the intercooler and pipe work to go with it, then a turbo aswell as a stage 3 map with coil packs and RS7 plugs

As for different maps for each of the modes i doubt it as each mode still gives your full bhp its just how its delivered and suspension setup changes

ThomSeagal

Nov 19, 2020
Good start, non resonated would sound better and is it a sports cat youve looked into getting?
Definitely need the intercooler and pipe work to go with it, then a turbo aswell as a stage 3 map with coil packs and RS7 plugs

As for different maps for each of the modes i doubt it as each mode still gives your full bhp its just how its delivered and suspension setup changes
I want a resonated because I also want to be able to drive it normally. If it turns out to be too silent I will install a valve with a bypass around it.
I want to buy a scorpion downpipe that has a cat included.
I am not planning on installing a bigger turbo. 400hp is more than enough for me on the front wheels alone.

I have seen a lot of tunes done for 400hp with OEM intercooler, was just wondering about the heat soak with OEM version

arossi101

Cupra 290 ST
Sep 5, 2016
Glasgow
The OE intercooler would definitely struggle up at 400, and if your worried about heat, wrap the down pipe and put a turbo blanket on.
Id rather my engine was comfortable with the power rather than strain and fault

Cuprabenwytm

Jun 17, 2020
Watch totaly gassed on YouTube, hes building a 700 bhp cupra but hes currently at 402 or something and tells you whats what, also awsome other cars on there

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using Tapatalk