Tuning!

vngtx

they give u 7 less horsepower, only get u upto 125. and they cost 250. ecu remaps are same price.

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
made in germany...
shipped from lithuania?
load of crap to me!
a remap would be better (well even then that can be argued) but in the end they are both crap, 5-8% gains, for £150-300? forget that!
if you want top speed....well an extra 6bhp ain't gonna make much difference to top speed, shedding weight will help acceleration and handling, and save on petrol too :p
if you want power, then you should of bought something else, if you want something that looks good (IMO), handles well, and decent fun for price and insurance then ibiza gti's are good!
if you still want power then do what ibiza95 (1.8 20vt) or dinky dave (ABF + throttle bodies + more) but then that's alot of money IMO and you could of got a faster car out of the box!
my 2cents :)

vngtx

made in germany...
shipped from lithuania?
load of crap to me!
a remap would be better (well even then that can be argued) but in the end they are both crap, 5-8% gains, for £150-300? forget that!
if you want top speed....well an extra 6bhp ain't gonna make much difference to top speed, shedding weight will help acceleration and handling, and save on petrol too :p
if you want power, then you should of bought something else, if you want something that looks good (IMO), handles well, and decent fun for price and insurance then ibiza gti's are good!
if you still want power then do what ibiza95 (1.8 20vt) or dinky dave (ABF + throttle bodies + more) but then that's alot of money IMO and you could of got a faster car out of the box!
my 2cents :)

ive got plenty of power at minute but i would prob do engine swap. looked on autodata today and can swap engine, gearbox, wiring and everything in 12 hours. if you know what your doing. im working on modifying now :D

theres also a a few chips/ remaps for ABF to get 170hp easy.

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
20 bhp from a map on a abf ECU.... :confused:

seems quite high for me to believe....some TD remaps dont give much more than that.

maybe with other mods like camms but not just on its own. If that were true everyone on here would have one already.

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
20 bhp from a map on a abf ECU.... :confused:

seems quite high for me to believe....some TD remaps dont give much more than that.

maybe with other mods like camms but not just on its own. If that were true everyone on here would have one already.

what you on about dan, i bought 5 of them, 250bhp over here baby :p

vngtx

extra 20hp out of 150hp is only 13% power increase. cant be that difficult.

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
extra 20hp out of 150hp is only 13% power increase. cant be that difficult.

NA cars are normally maximised well for efficiency within the fuel regulator

but turbo'd cars are running low boost, as it will make the turbo last longer, so you can wack boost up!

it's like in america, they have V6's and V8's, that produce same power as some 2 litres etc. it's because the manufacturer over there winds the engines down, so they last longer!

but in europe the cars are normally close to their limit

so getting 13% from a NA car from europe IS difficult from just a remap/chip

Last edited:

vngtx

i think its posibble because it alters the air/fuel ratio to make the engine accelerate smoother and rev slightly higher. they usually take some of the power away for emmisions. maybe the chip reverses it. not entirely sure how it works.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.