Tuning!

cupra-8v

Aug 28, 2009
would need whole new loom from 16v car. have to change all the pulleys too to make the 16v belt fit over both cams. reading wat ive put now it looks like a lot more work than its worth.
Ok so group buy on the k03 make the price cheaper? lol

vngtx

i know the AGG can handle 150hp cos its the same bottom end as the 150hp ABF, i also know its got forged steel con rods so may be able to handle more with ko3 but probably not the k04. i can still dream tho..... :)

cupra-8v

Aug 28, 2009
nice! some performance place has got it for sale on pistonheads at the moment thought i recognised it!

cupra-8v

Aug 28, 2009
i know the AGG can handle 150hp cos its the same bottom end as the 150hp ABF, i also know its got forged steel con rods so may be able to handle more with ko3 but probably not the k04. i can still dream tho..... :)

K03 will still be good and it will put a smile on your face especially when it sneazes!

envycordoba

Jan 25, 2008
bournemouth
there are a few 1.8t engines for sale on this site at the mo. but if ya got the money better off buying a crashed 1.8t and use as a donor car then sell on what ever you dont use

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
ive driven a ko4 audi TT quatro and i made more than one set of skidmarks :whistle:

Don't think much off the 225bhp TT, standard anyway.... remember one went to "try" and pull away from me going into work and I went flying past him. Had him in the car park asking me what I did to my car lmao.

vngtx

i tried out second gear acceleration on it, foot to floor from 2500rpm and it just threw me back into the seat. very hard ride though.

cupraman1991

reading form what u guys have put and researching the easiest way to get more power form the 8v is to chip exhaust and induction kit if u wanna keep it relativly cheap and still be able to run the car. An engine conversion or turbo bolt on seems far to much work and the cost is high. the beiggest hing for me is i still need to run the car from day to day and cant live without it lol

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
Someone is going to have to tell me about this magic chip that makes your car go faster..

:cartman:

One that doesnt come from ebay and doesnt just pump more fuel through your engine.

vngtx

Someone is going to have to tell me about this magic chip that makes your car go faster..

:cartman:

One that doesnt come from ebay and doesnt just pump more fuel through your engine.

its advertised on ebay but its shipped in from vw tuners in germany, eprom re-written chip that needs soldering to ecu. ill try and find it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-2-0-8V-GTi...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3a56b7da17

its what you would get if u sent your ecu away for a remap just you'll have to do it yourself.

cupraman1991

wat about something like superchips do they give more power ? or is it better to get the ecu tuned itself ?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.