Turbo and Intercooler Suggestions

BizaLarry

6J IBIZA FR TSI
Sep 16, 2018
Glasgow
www.facebook.com
Hello, right so..
My intercooler piping, joiners, o-rings, clips and have all but gave up and I’m looking at replacing the standard system with a discrete front mount intercooler kit.​

2D73289F-C6A4-4BB0-9817-BD42A8D171E7_zpsoe5mapob.jpg

Been looking at this kind of set up and I am planning on replacing the piping and , possibly the turbo too, the piping walls were coated in oil which could mean the turbo seals are failing, no?

Has anyone used something like this kit or have any better solutions, I’m listening

Money pits driving us crazy but what can we do

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
Im not a diesel person but wont an EGR delete fail an MOT, dont they now test for correct and proper operation ?.....unless of course you have a "flexible" MOT tester.

Bar & Plate style intercoolers are better as I understand , but also be careful that these are not "chinese" aluminium , the quality isn't the best (I have 2 mates , different cars not stupid builds and the core failed on both of them)

Yes should be no oil on the inside of the pipes i.e: dry .

Reactions: BizaLarry

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Hi mate, you could go for the PD150 FMIC & pipework. Oil in the pipes is common, vapours from rocker cover breather are fed back into intake which can be resolved by fitting a catch can.
If you have the engine cover installed then you might get away with the EGR delete as MOT testers are not allowed to remove cover to check things out.

Reactions: BizaLarry

BizaLarry

6J IBIZA FR TSI
Sep 16, 2018
Glasgow
www.facebook.com
Im not a diesel person but wont an EGR delete fail an MOT, dont they now test for correct and proper operation ?.....unless of course you have a "flexible" MOT tester.

Bar & Plate style intercoolers are better as I understand , but also be careful that these are not "chinese" aluminium , the quality isn't the best (I have 2 mates , different cars not stupid builds and the core failed on both of them)

Yes should be no oil on the inside of the pipes i.e: dry .

Yeah this is true, however the kit I plan on installing should be a 20 minute job to replace with the factory EGR nonsense if absolutely necessary.

I'll be sure to buy quality parts bud, cheers!

BizaLarry

6J IBIZA FR TSI
Sep 16, 2018
Glasgow
www.facebook.com
Hi mate, you could go for the PD150 FMIC & pipework. Oil in the pipes is common, vapours from rocker cover breather are fed back into intake which can be resolved by fitting a catch can.
If you have the engine cover installed then you might get away with the EGR delete as MOT testers are not allowed to remove cover to check things out.

Do you have any idea how much more air flow I'd get out of a PD150 fmic?
Will be looking into a catch can now yep haha.

You have a point there my friend, they only allowed to touch with their eyes!

End of this or next month should see the delivery of some speed parts :)

sockpuppet

Apr 30, 2007
I never did an EGR delete with mine, but I believe it throw an EML unless you get it mapped out of the ECU. I did do the EGR adaption with VCDS which effectively does the same thing. All my turbo pipes have screws where they connect as they all blew off one by one through age and deterioration, they always had oil in them, but the turbo is original and still working fine at 237000 miles.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.