Turbo flutter nose when boosting up!

dpn.k1

Can any one enlighten me iv had a tune up by AMD stage 2+, and wen i excelerate the car starts to boost up and at 3500rpm i get a fluttering noise like im leaking boost, but wen i get to 4500rpm the noise stop! is this normal???????

Poverty

Yes its normal. What intake are you running? So AMD are offering a stage 2 plus map now or do you mean revo?

dpn.k1

thanks, thats a relief. its got a revo map! and an ITG intake! how much torque is your car running mate?

Poverty

thanks, thats a relief. its got a revo map! and an ITG intake! how much torque is your car running mate?

last time it got rolling roaded was 348lbt with just a map and pump.

So you live near AMD? how long have you been stage 2 plus?

dpn.k1

Thats really good, i thort i was a bit low on 326lbt!! and its 347 bhp! with full miltek turbo back, Autotech fuel pump, THS intercooler, ITG intake and ‘Stage 2+’ software. i need to have a chat with them anout the map its got a funny flat spot at about 5700rpm to 6000!!! i live about 45 mini away from AMD so not to bad, had all the work done about a week ago!

Poverty

Thats really good, i thort i was a bit low on 326lbt!! and its 347 bhp! with full miltek turbo back, Autotech fuel pump, THS intercooler, ITG intake and ‘Stage 2+’ software. i need to have a chat with them anout the map its got a funny flat spot at about 5700rpm to 6000!!! i live about 45 mini away from AMD so not to bad, had all the work done about a week ago!

oh that flat spot! If its the one that alot of people are suffering from its around 5200rpm. Still not 100% sure why the cars do that but revo dont have a clue either it seems.

Do you know what settings you are running. Are those figures on AMD's rollers?

dpn.k1

oh that flat spot! If its the one that alot of people are suffering from its around 5200rpm. Still not 100% sure why the cars do that but revo dont have a clue either it seems.

Do you know what settings you are running. Are those figures on AMD's rollers?

i think your about right with the flat spot at 5200rpm its pissing me of! what do u mean by what settings you are running?? yea iv got the rolling road print out from amd! it dusent seem to show any flat spot on the print out lol?

Poverty

i think your about right with the flat spot at 5200rpm its pissing me of! what do u mean by what settings you are running?? yea iv got the rolling road print out from amd! it dusent seem to show any flat spot on the print out lol?

I think its because of the way they dyno it. Some cars will only do it under certain conditions.

It really is ****ing annoying though, especially how revo dont seem to care in the slightest that alot of cars are affected by it and dont offer any assistance and insight into the issue.

As in your revo settings, boost, timing and fuel.

dpn.k1

im not to shore on the settings! it had tesco 99 fuel! iv been meaning to ask them about wat bar boost its running! what yours running at?

Poverty

im not to shore on the settings! it had tesco 99 fuel! iv been meaning to ask them about wat bar boost its running! what yours running at?

no idea lol, but am running boost 8 timing 5 fuel 6 for my revo settings. I think yours might need adjusting!

dpn.k1

would all these setting not be incorporated with the map then! did u have to ask for these settings?? where did u nave your car maped?

Poverty

would all these setting not be incorporated with the map then! did u have to ask for these settings?? where did u nave your car maped?

AMD mapped my car but I have the revo switch to adjust settings.

You have the basic map but you can adjust it to suit your needs and the environment.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.