Turbo Trouble???

May 22, 2009
South Wales
Hey, my 06 ibiza FR PD130 is consistantly going into limp mode over approx 100 mph and becoming a problem. i have spoken to a few ppl and they said that its either the map sensor or the turbo.

i am going to change the map sensor this wkend but if it doesnt resolve the prob i am going to have to change the turbo. however, i am going to take this opportunity to get a stage 2 turbo.

i am just wondering what is the best one to get, the cost of the turbo plus exhilleries (intercooler, manifold clutch etc) and other ppl's oppinions on my trouble.

i have had a quote from jabba sport for £3500 to do all the work but it seems a bit pricey. how much do you think it will all cost etc!

Cheers Rod

P.s. would i have to touch the internals?

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
vag com should tell you whether its the map sensor or not, could be sticky vanes. its been covered millions of times so have a search. there is also a cleaning kit you can buy for round £30-£35 and get a garage to do the work

May 22, 2009
South Wales
wicked! cheers mate, i have just spoken to p torque and they confirmed that its could be sticky vains. i seem to be getting extra boost at around 3500 rpm!

had seat dealers price my KKK turbo too --- £1900 plus vat --- not good!

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
as with many other members when this happened to me (well it wasnt over boosting, but i was worried it was going to blow) i went down the hybrid route. £430inc vat from turbo technics. this needed a remap to suit, but the company can rebuild to standard spec which would save you a very pretty penny.

other companies include, turbo dynamics, cr turbos, turbo technics just to name a few.

there is some down time while your turbo is sent away for work or you could source a second hand turbo for them to work on, (though you'll end up with two turbos..)

May 22, 2009
South Wales
ye that sounds good! goin to get the clutch done very soon the exhaust, intercooler and prob second hand hybrid! will give turbo dynamics a bell to see wat they can do!

Any ideas what exhaust to get? there is a longlife in swansea, but not sure what to ask for for suit the extra power!

finally, what sort of power are you guys running and where is the best place to buy a clutch from?

cheers

fenwick458

you could try wiggling the actuator to see if it frees it up a bit, or install a manual boost controller to give the actuator a bit of a kick everytime it ovrboosts

fenwick458

you could try wiggling the actuator to see if it frees it up a bit, or install a manual boost controller to give the actuator a bit of a kick everytime it ovrboosts

May 22, 2009
South Wales
Wiggling the actuator? sorry a lil bit new to all this!

have had a few quotes to uprated/ hybrid new turbos around the £1100 mark and most companies dont seem to recommend the reconditioned units! anyone had a good reconditioned pd160 turbo?

cheers

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.