Turbosmart DV

Deleted member 20376

Yes another DV question.
Turbosmart! which one fits the lcr. Do you need a fit kit. ( i no the lcr doesnt like running on the atmos dv's) but i heard they do direct replacements.
has anybody had one of these or is running one.
what do you think to them?
ive tried baileys and forge on mine in the past. a few people have mentioned this but ive never found one to fit the lcr.

any feedback?

thanks in advance.
:blink:

Mar 3, 2008
sunny Devon
yeah i use to run one on my yellow 210 lcr... i had the super sonic one with the flare trumpet spout on the end,so loud it would shatter green house glass i reckon..
dump valve was £256 before i did anything lcr fitting kit was £125 total rip off the fitting kit buy a forge kit for intercooler for £ 45.. orderd mine from demon tweeks , there a bit of a rip off other places are cheaper but this was 4 years ago.

the atmopheric super sonic i had worked fine for the 1st 6months it was a 50/50 valve dumps half gas to air other half back to intake, full ajustable ..

very good make indeed ,as for recurculating its the same noise as vag tunner dv 0r /007 forge dv
so its up to you if you want heads to turn and want to scare evo's buy this valve,other wise fit a forge cheers.......

Deleted member 20376

do you know if they had any engine light faults.

Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
are these significantly louder than the forge 007P with the induction kit/panel filter?i mean,is it more than a slight wooshhhh?or is it pretty much the same?im thinking about going for it if its louder (and of course if it doesnt bring up errors)

Deleted member 20376

is it easy to set up which one did you got for theres 3 options.

2footpegs

Jan 17, 2009
are they really that much better than the splitter R as in louder, cuz ive jus fitted the splitter to my lcr n now im wondering if i should have got the turbosmart

RobDon

Pro Detailer
are they really that much better than the splitter R as in louder, cuz ive jus fitted the splitter to my lcr n now im wondering if i should have got the turbosmart

Much louder yes, you only have to look at the size of the atmospheric openings to see why, the Turbosmart vents 50/50 and the split-r is more like 90/10, i.e. 10% to atmosphere. having owned both I was very disappointed with the split-r but am very happy with the Turbosmart.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.