Tyre hitting arch liner!

Oct 31, 2006
Cambs
Just put coilies on my ibiza and now on full lock it's hitting the arch liner, it's not that low about 90mm to the bottom corner of the bumper.
24102007030.jpg

as you can see form the pic it's rubbing on the piece that sticks out, hitting where darker in colour to the rest.

My question is can i cut the arch liner wear it's rubbing or would another profile tyre sort the problem?

Cheers Tim

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
Mine rubbed in exactly the same place on my inner arch while on full lock, give it a couple of weeks and it'll wear clearance for itself.

Oct 31, 2006
Cambs
Honestly it's not that low i can get over most of the speed bumps local to me so it's alright, as for the spring seat is metal with a grub screw to hold in place i suppose, why you ask?

beaker- is there anything behind there that will wear if it goes through i.e cables, pipes etc?

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
beaker- is there anything behind there that will wear if it goes through i.e cables, pipes etc?

I'm not sure mate, mines warn part way through the liner and now only rubs every so often. I was going to pin the liner back with a self tapper or bolt or something but the rubbing got quiter and less frequent. Pretty sure theres nothing major behind there though.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
They used to use plastic spring seats on Weitec coilys before and they were awful.

Its when it rubs on the bodywork i'd worry. (mine has on hard cornering and being too low)

Oct 31, 2006
Cambs
i will have a play around and see what happens, if it comes to it i will have to raise it a bit,

PhilW- as far as i'm aware they are metal on the threared bit and have got a plastic coating but if they start to fall apart then they will have to go back adn be sorted out.

Oct 31, 2006
Cambs
so it should be alright to leave it and as beaker says let it wear it's way in till it's stops hitting it, do you reckon this will happen on the passengers side as it's only on the drivers at the minute?

Miss Cupra

Mine's doing the same, I asked the guys in the garage about it when it last went in, they said it shouldn't cause any problems but try to use just off full lock! (I know, easier said than done sometimes), but it seems to be getting better as it wears, just have to keep an eye on it!

Revo Kev

www.onlyrevo.com
Feb 24, 2003
www.onlyrevo.com
They've always rubbed on that part of the inner liner, the MK2's did it as well when lowered even 40odd mm. As suggested heat and reshape or cut that 'hump' out of the liner!

Oct 31, 2006
Cambs
If it carries on rubbing i will have to get the heat gun out and see if that sorts it, i know the washers bottle is behind there but do any of you know if there is any wires/pipes for the pump that run that way or for anything else?

Cheers Tim

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.