Tyre Shine on Ovni Yellow...

Spanky

Banana Virgin..
Feb 5, 2005
Preston, Lancashire
Ok, been bugging me for ages now, I wonder if anyone has a solution.....

Whenever I use tyre shine on my car, wether it be spray type, wipe on etc... when ever I drive my car afterwards (have left it 24 hours in some cases) the shine stuff sprays the side of the car.... a bitch to get off, do other Ovni owners have this problem..? If not, and you use tyre shine, what do you use..??

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
Spanky said:
Ok, been bugging me for ages now, I wonder if anyone has a solution.....

Whenever I use tyre shine on my car, wether it be spray type, wipe on etc... when ever I drive my car afterwards (have left it 24 hours in some cases) the shine stuff sprays the side of the car.... a bitch to get off, do other Ovni owners have this problem..? If not, and you use tyre shine, what do you use..??

It happens on all colours, doesnt it? I know it does on mine

You need to go for something that isnt greasy really as if it doesnt soak in then it will spray up the car and its SO annoying when you have just cleaned it

I think the only type that is not greasy is the foam type in the spray cans?

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
Spanky said:
Fair point, not just Ovni...... hmmm, foam ones... which do you use..?

I have bought quite a few over the years and have the same problem with them, i have a 'Foam Spray' and a 'Meguiars Spray' at the moment but if you dont let the 'Meguiars Spray' soak in it will spray up the car! The foam one pretty much just puts the deep black back in the tyre without leaving a residue on them, it all soaks in and leaves the tyre with a 'Dry' effect which is just what it needs

Its just in a can called 'Tyre Foam' or something like that, from Halfords

You could spend more money but i dont think there is any need to for something like this

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
Dan_20vt said:
I use the Autoglym Tyre Dressing and I've not had any problems... :shrug:

Yeah i think i have used that too and its ok (quite thin white liquid that sprays on if i remember right) but i would still go with a foam spray to be honest

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
i use poorboys bold and brite, no problems and have also used meguiars endurance tyre gel, that seemed fine aswell....

.. maybe your putting too much on?

Spanky

Banana Virgin..
Feb 5, 2005
Preston, Lancashire
Sisson said:
i use poorboys bold and brite, no problems and have also used meguiars endurance tyre gel, that seemed fine aswell....

.. maybe your putting too much on?

I think you're probably right, but will try the ones listed above.... cheers all :)

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Do you wipe the excess off? I use megs tyre gel and if you follow the destructions you have to wipe the excess off. The only problems i ever have now are on really hot days afters its just been done.

I find for the best results if you put it on, leave it then clean the tyre again with water it takes all the rubbish off and leaves you with a more realistic finish. My tires look best after the second or third clean

gazjones

i used autogly tyre dressing and thats never left anything on my car aprt from when i apply it in the wind it dries well and give a really good shine!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.