Tyre size LCR225 on 19s

DIESEL DOCTOR

Jul 3, 2008
Hi all need some advice my car has 19x8.5 wheel mainia with 225/35/19 tyres that keep taking inside edge out down to cords had new springs and dampers weitec 50/50 sits nice but I am wanting to know can i fit 235/35/19 tyres or put it back on 18s .Had tracking and camber done after springs/damps fitted any help [need a few more posts to get photo on ]:shrug:

dav3

devilishd4ve xbox tag
Mar 29, 2007
Essex
You might find that the inside edge of tyre is rubbing on something. Did they also check the toe in/out of the wheels when they were tracked. Also how long after fitting the spring etc was the camber/tracking checked. You can fit 235's but you may find they rub.

DIESEL DOCTOR

Jul 3, 2008
tracking camber check all done together after springs /dampers were fitted on state of the art equipment at southam tyres cannot see any rub marks on car also the first set whitch were on cr when i got it wore flt

dav3

devilishd4ve xbox tag
Mar 29, 2007
Essex
Just to be on safe side I'd get them to double check it as the car might have settled abit more

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Well if you've had a full wheel alignment done and everythings been adjusted I'd say that points to a rubbing issue?

Is it both fronts or just one side?

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
I know you have had it done but wear on the inside of both front tyres points to them not being aligned properly.

Imagin how pissed off you will be if you buy a set of new 18's and it does excatly the same......

DIESEL DOCTOR

Jul 3, 2008
Thanks for the feedback lads i am looking at some RS4 style wheel and tyres but i think i will get set up check again after tyres have been done .May also look for a set of18s

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
I ran 235/35/19 when I had my 19s. No rubbing issues. Very close to the coilovers though. I dont think that running a wider tyre will solve the issue of an upset geometry though.

I am running BBS CH014, 235/3519 et30/8.5j and i am getting rubbing on the front arch but only on crap rounds or the car is loaded, Again i am really close to the coilovers.

@speedinsaxo what ET were your wheels, as the rubbing is starting to piss me off?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members