tyres wearing on inside, cause?

gaRy cupra

I had my car up on a ramp yesterday and noticed on the front two wheels the inside edge of both tyres is wearing quicker than the rest. Both have a sort of strange ridge forming about 10mm wide it kinda looks like its been melted and then set again (sorry for the stupid description but thats the first thought I had when I saw it and the only way I can think of to describe it) well anyone seen this before or any ideas on the cause ???

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Get your wheels checked/aligned properly as it sounds like your tracking is set incorrectly.

gaRy cupra

why would this happen as the car is standard, is it just a time factor as the car is now about 5 years old slightly worn bushes etc ? OR is it the mrs attacking the kerbs with my wheels !!!!!!!

Avant4me

Oct 13, 2005
Bristol
Speed `cushions. They put excessive wear on the inside edge of the tyre. You effectively end up sliding down the sides of the cushion.

olliep

Wants a mk2 GTI
Oct 3, 2005
Winchester
very true. i live in an area where the only way out is over about 16 sleeping rozzers one way and 20 or so the other way. i used to drive over them dead on so that my suspension had an equal battering and the insides if my tires wore down. so i started going between them and the outsides of my tyres got battered. so i started going over them one wheel on one side and the other wheel dead centre on the hump. then my exhaust fell off. cant win. since buying the cupra i just piss people off by driving at 5-10 mph over them.

do we have adjustble camber on leons?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.