Tyres

Mark_Karting

Mar 3, 2012
Near Glasgow, Scotland
I'm getting close to needing a new set of tyres. I currently have standard facelift sport alloys running a 205/45/16 tyre.

The last 2 sets of fronts I've had have been Falken Ziex ZE-914's. These have been great. Grippy enough for the tiny amount of power and good enough in the rain, but since buying the car last March I've only managed 8-10k average out of each set.

Is there an alternative that is worth the money to give similar or better grip, but lasting longer. Is it worth paying the extra £50 to have a pair of Dunlop Sport Maxx's or extra £20 for some Toyo Proxes?

Anyone run anything they would recommend. Any help would be appreciated, even though I'll have probably sold the car before running through another set of Falkens, just wondering if there's a better alternative.

Thanks

Saint Ibiza

Sep 14, 2012
Will grab the name of mine later think they maxxis or similar spelling.. not had any issues with them.

mickyp1989

Dec 8, 2011
Go on camskill website. Buy any 2 Michelin tires and get a £50 fuel card :) cheap prices too. Iv got 2 Michelin pilot sport 3s and they are brilliant. Search tire reviews on google and one of the links should show you all the tire reviews by make or specific to your tire size. Really useful. Personally I would really reccomend pilot sport 3s for performance or Goodyear eagle f1s as they are really really quiet.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members