Uncomfortable seats

tegwin

I bought a 2003 LCR on thursday..

Have driven about 300 miles in it so far:whistle:

One thing I do notice... with the standard LCR seats (non recaro), is that the head rest is a long way from my head....

I have to tilt my head back a long way to rest it on the headrest.... in an accident this would more than likley snap my neck...

With some average driving over the weekend I have got a very very sore neck form having no support atall for my head... especially on acceleration!

Is this normal in an LCR?

Myself and my passenger also had a weird sensation on our ears when driving... almost like a slightly high air pressure in the car giving you a "numb" feeling on the ears... anyone else get this?

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
All cars based on the MKIV Golf scored very badly in Whiplash tests.

As for the numb feeling, did you have any windows down? I find if the passenger has theirs open and mine's closed that's pretty weird when at out of town speeds.

tegwin

All windows were up!

Hmmm... it wouldnt be hard to design some seats that offer more support...really...:confused:

dave_ph

:)
Jul 12, 2006
Somerset
www.vagowners.co.uk
mine are the same with regards to the headrest, but it doesnt bother me, i just tilt the seat back a bit futher up to support my back. Surprisingly, my LCR is one of the few cars i dont get back ache in

FRESHMODE

FRESHMODE
Oct 9, 2008
Staffordshire
Initially i had this problem. I've got long legs and need the seat fairly far back. After a few initial uncomfortable rides, I managed to home in on a nice driving / supportive position. Once the back rest is forward enough and seat pumped down/up, it really does help bring everything together and you feel supported

Anyone slouched in the G Funk gangsta lean position 'the low rider' you're bound to get uncomfortable:p

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
I find the LCR seats pretty comfortable compared to other cars.

I have the seat quite low, the steering wheel pushed all the way into the dash and the seat-back almost upright (racing driver style, not gangsta lounger) and don't really suffer back problems.

There's a group-buy for the CG-Lock device at the moment, which is meant to help with driving posture and this might be useful. I haven't tried one yet, but I've ordered one and it should be arriving this week so I'll let you know...

Cheers,
Rob.

mjt

Jul 12, 2008
the recaros are very comfortable. the only gripe i have on long journeys is that my left thigh sometimes begins to ache after a few hours.
it's a shame we didn't get S3 seats with the thigh support

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
i think a few mk4 platform have seats that curve you away from the headrest but ive never put my head back in any car. i do find mine perfectly comfortable even on a 5 hour journey to le mans - no complaints here.

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
Perhaps you need to do some neck strengthening exercises like the F1 drivers do as your neck shouldn't need resting against the seat in general :)

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
I have always been interested in how much more supportive the recaro R seats are over standard and comfort wise too
But i dont know anyone who has them to make the comparison:cry:

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
well i have horrid whiplash from my accident last tuesday and my seat colapsed lol. smacked into it and wound up flat on the floor.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
well i have horrid whiplash from my accident last tuesday and my seat colapsed lol. smacked into it and wound up flat on the floor.

You going to claim mate? I claimed last year after some prat hit us whilst stationary in my mrs 306.

You don't get anywhere near as much as you used to but if your not at fault and they have caused you injurys then you might as well...

mjt

Jul 12, 2008
only claim if you have injuries. those who claim they have whiplash when they don't are scum and should be shot

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise