Under seat storage boxes

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
hum, just tried to get some through my dealer as I was picking the car up, quoted part numbers at him, only to be told these don't exist!?

Most stealers are a bunch of clowns with the "It's not on the computer for your car" statements.

If the parts don't show as fitted to your car they are useless.

Put the business to someone who does go the extra mile - SERE motors

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
Yeah, my dealer said the same thing but then realised there's supposed to be a colour code on the end of it, 4wsomething i think he said.

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
Just what i remembered from the phone convo with parts dept, gave them the part number for the left one and he couldn't find it, asked if it was definitely the right number then when i was reading it back to him he was like "oh yeah, it's got a colour code on the end of it" I think it was 4wsomething, definitely a w in the middle.
When i pick them up, (hopefully monday or tuesday but I dunno how quick SEAT parts supply works) I'll double check what the colour code bit is if it's not written on the packaging.

R22 JGB

SEAT Leon FR184 DSG
Aug 29, 2010
Gateshead
Ordered mine on the Tuesday, they arrived for collection on the Thursday!
The part code I showed at the front of this thread is the number I gave to the parts dept.

I've just checked and ETKA only list one colour, - Carbon Black so the code is 4w4.
I have tried to copy & paste the page but this forum site won't allow the paste.

Last edited:

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
Well, my dealer doesn'tlisten and has only ordered me in the "B" suffixed one, (not a great issue, i forgot im off to see Derren Brown later so that tenner will get the first drinks in :))
can you confirm which seat the "B" goes under, or does it not matter?

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
haha exactly, but it could be the one on the right as you look at it is "B" and if you were looking at them headon as fitted to the car that'd be passenger side.
Just discovered i've not got an M10 Spline Bit (thought it would be a torx) so fitting's now on hold anyway

R22 JGB

SEAT Leon FR184 DSG
Aug 29, 2010
Gateshead
haha exactly, but it could be the one on the right as you look at it is "B" and if you were looking at them headon as fitted to the car that'd be passenger side.
Just discovered i've not got an M10 Spline Bit (thought it would be a torx) so fitting's now on hold anyway

eBay Item number: 110640243135 £1.69 + 99p P&P

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
OK - just fitted mine and I can confirm :

The boxes DO fit under FR seats and are a perfect match to the seat lower trim panels.

6JO 882 602B box is under the drivers seat
6JO 882 601 box is under the passenger seat.

You need a TX20 screwdriver or bit for the 4 fixing screws in each box
You need an M10 spline bit to remove the seat bolts.

The total fitting time for both boxes is around 20 mins start to finish.

Last edited:

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Yeah But I stopped for breakfast when I did mine;)

HaHa - wasnt having a go - just a couple of people have asked how long it took to get an idea of how long a stealer might take.

And I had a head start cos I had the tools out and ready after your write up :bleh:

Paul_D

Apr 19, 2011
Barnsley
Right that clears that up then. Tristan From Bristol Street In Barnsley told me these could'nt be retro fitted! Ordering tomorrow.

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
Haha, i'd just ignore stealers other than Sere Motors.
My local one told me that the FR grille probably wouldn't fit as it's bigger when i asked for a price, i just looked at him and said "oh ok, well, can i get a price anyway, thanks"

ddl449

How dangerous is it to work near airbag cables?
I don't want to have one ignited in my hands :happy:

The codes for the boxes are the same for left-wheel car, I suppose, aren't they?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.