unlikely rally car...

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
saw a freelander in m0rk's pics the other night but you could sort of justify that i guess but the tuscan seems a little eccentric, is it a tarmac only event ?

saying that - Banks Europa 62 at entry 41 too

anyome old enough to remember the everlasting Renault 4 on the RAC for god knows how many years ?

old 'uns

Modern Life is Rubbish...
Mar 20, 2003
walsall
Visit site
is it a tarmac only event ?

anyone old enough to remember the everlasting Renault 4 on the RAC for god knows how many years ?

tarmac series, yes.

renault 4 was that browny, beigey thing? if so , yes

also saw a Corvette 2 yrs ago in Ypres historic rally, again not my first choice

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Remember the Trabant that used to do the RAC in the early 90s as well?

Edit: Just done a search and found it had done the 1000 Lakes, Monte Carlo and Australia too! :blink:

Michael_Kahlfuss_Manx_93.JPG

Last edited:

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
Remember the Trabant that used to do the RAC in the early 90s as well?

Edit: Just done a search and found it had done the 1000 Lakes, Monte Carlo and Australia too! :blink:

Michael_Kahlfuss_Manx_93.JPG

with 15 eastern Europeans inside it too.:D

tdijack

A bit late on this thread, but here goes......
Dave Bishop of TVR fame, a true gentleman, I 1st knew hin 25 years ago when he built and rallied a Morris Minor, complete with Fiat 124 Twin Cam engine and running gear! It was ahell of a lot faster than it looked and embarressed many a "proper" rally car. Later weapons included a Bog standard Hillman Hunter, Rover SD1, Talbot Sunbeam plus others.
The TVR is usually only beaten in its class by the lighter weight Darrians.
It is powered by a yank Ford V8, and soon will be outlawed by MSA rile K37. Boo Hiss.

The picture of Epynt with the village in the background, the village is called.....The German Village and was built by the army so that the squaddies could train and find out how to bomb people.

Removes anorak and retires to the corner

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members