Unusual maf problem

Apr 11, 2023
Hello. I have a Seat Toledo 20vt with engine code AUQ. Totally stock except a custom remap to 210 theoretical hp. I post on the Leon section because more members have it than the Toledo but still the engine is exactly the same. Suddenly, while driving the car did a small jump and the tcs light came on. Im no stranger to this so i checked the fuse number 43 which is responsible for maf and o2 as i know. The fuse was blown. I changed the fuse but after some miles it got blown again. And again. Maf worked fine between the fuses been blown. Now, even just turning the ignition to on blows the fuse. What can be the issue? Is the maf faulty? The o2? A short circuit somewhere? A relay? Thanks guys

Apr 11, 2023
Pins both on maf and the plug look ok. Should i check for something specific? I havent got my hands on a multimeter yet but i wont manage to use it if the fuses keep blowing instantly.

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Unplug MAF, replace fuse, if it blows again then O2 is almost certainly at fault. O2 is also a lot more likely to have a short circuit as the O2 and wiring are exposed to a lot of heat. Be careful as shorted O2 sensors can sometimes kill the ECU

Reactions: Nam-uk and Ltnt96
Apr 11, 2023
Unplug MAF, replace fuse, if it blows again then O2 is almost certainly at fault. O2 is also a lot more likely to have a short circuit as the O2 and wiring are exposed to a lot of heat. Be careful as shorted O2 sensors can sometimes kill the ECU
Unpluged and replaced and plugged again but still the fuse gets blown. Thanks i’ll start troubleshooting the o2 and the wiring

Reactions: mty12345

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Unpluged and replaced and plugged again but still the fuse gets blown. Thanks i’ll start troubleshooting the o2 and the wiring
No worries, may be best to disconnect the battery while doing so, just to be safe. I think the problem is if the O2 heater circuit (12v, many amps) shorts to the 5 volt data line. I suspect yours is the other way around, your 5v data line is shorted to ground, hence the fuse blowing.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members