Update: blown turbo Cupra 280 repaired and failed again

JMAC

Feb 18, 2015
That's crap news but it sounds like it's the best option for you. At least the dealer sounds like they done the right thing (in the end).

You know you're going to get the Golf! Why? Because you R ! Try the fish, I'm here all week :rofl:

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Curious how a Seat UK car used in the Milton Keynes area ended up for resale in Swansea? Or did you go there looking for a specific spec and they sourced it from UK second hand stock?

Not relevant, but I went to Sinclair Swansea for a test drive when the Cupra was first released. They would have got my business too if they weren't so unrealistic with respect to discounts. As it was I still opted for a new Cupra but my money went elsewhere. At least they appear to be treating you decently, which goes a long way in my book.
SEAT UK cars go to auction where dealers bid for them.

xperience

Feb 4, 2015
I hope they decide to crush the car and not sell it to another mug!

the doors on golfs / A3's move and creak when you go over speed bumps. If you don't like rattles and odd noises don't go there!

GTRACING

Sep 27, 2014
Hi mbk72.
Sorry about your car, but probably for the best, What ever you choose . Keep on Truckin...Enjoy

Regards Mark

rcopus

Jun 6, 2012
Midlands

Snah

Jul 7, 2014
Netherlands
Well you really had a monday car and highly assumable, you can't tell 4 sure if your dealer did the repair right, this is a isolated case.
Can understand that you do not want to get another Cupra now but I really think it is a isolated case and maybe you should get all together a cupra again.
Better luck with your next choice of car.

philipj999

Nov 21, 2014
Aylesbury, Bucks, UK
Mine is ex-Seat car. KP registration but ended up in the dealer network and I purchased in Suffolk. There were two identical ST's one ended up in Watford which was the same one that was reviewed on this very forum and is in the majority of press shots and magazine reviews. I opted for the other one which was apparently just a 'managers car'.

I think Seat have auctions that are only open to franchised dealers?

EDIT: the lad who sorted my alignment out this morning said his house mate works for VWFS in MK and he has a pool Leon which he can use for a few months before it will be sold on, to a dealer...

Ah, now thats funny. Mine is KY registered and I was told it belonged to Perrys Aylesbury, however the V5 showed they were the 2nd owner after Seat UK!!! Guess mine was one of those 'pool cars' first.