Update maps in Cupra Ateca.

Oct 18, 2023
Hello guys.

I just bought Cupra Ateca year 2020 with missing SD card on the audio device, trying to figure how to load Israel maps on my own SD card without the Seat original SD card

I downloaded the new maps from seat.com, loaded it on non original 32GB SD card and tried to use SD1\SD2 slot without any reconize message from the screen

Any advice will be helpful.

Regards.

Eran.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-10-18 at 23.18.29 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-10-18 at 23.18.29 (1).jpeg
    219.6 KB · Views: 78
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-10-18 at 23.18.29.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-10-18 at 23.18.29.jpeg
    212.6 KB · Views: 80
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-10-18 at 23.18.30.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-10-18 at 23.18.30.jpeg
    259.7 KB · Views: 75

Tell

Staff member
We have a mib2 navigation thread and a resource guide based on users experience over the years:

Resource:

Discussion thread:

First Seat publishes old maps so I suggest you use the link I gave, although I see you live in Israel.

First you need a valid VAG card a normal SD card won't work it reads the CID on it. It's a way of VAG getting income from the may card. These are available on ebay. 32GB card is ideal but Israel will fit on a smaller. A Vag map card can be Seat, Skoda or VW. All are interchageable.

The second thing is whether the car is an import second hand which has had a European card in it before or whether the car has never had a navigation card in it. It makes a difference.

If it's a virgin unit they are prepped to setup on the first navigation card put in them. If you buy a European VAG card, take a copy of it, then load up the Israel map and pop it in. It should marry up. Over on the Cupra Ateca thread I did help out someone with this one who lived in Israel. Over there map cards aren't provided on any VAG cars sold in dealers the solution is as described - it works.

If it's a second hand import car that seen a European card then follow the lost and stolen section in the resource. You'll need the overall.nds file I linked to. Then you need to follow the text of fitting in another zone eg. Israel into the European zone. I've helped out people with this in the past and a Palestine guy worked out the enhanced stuff that is in the resource. Many second hand European cars end up over there hence the need to fit your zone into the European zone. I've done here for test purposes. North Africa and Australia. Some Australian's buy second hand Mib2 standard unit so do this process. Other take their cars abroad with them. A bit of joint working I did across the VW Transporter forum. I made mention to that. It's where the solution was first found but had to be enhanced for newer infotainment units.

Either way once you get the card working any other map upgrades you will need the "workaround" to mapcare shown in the resource. First task is to buy a VAG card.

Reactions: Eran6782
Oct 18, 2023
We have a mib2 navigation thread and a resource guide based on users experience over the years:

Resource:

Discussion thread:

First Seat publishes old maps so I suggest you use the link I gave, although I see you live in Israel.

First you need a valid VAG card a normal SD card won't work it reads the CID on it. It's a way of VAG getting income from the may card. These are available on ebay. 32GB card is ideal but Israel will fit on a smaller. A Vag map card can be Seat, Skoda or VW. All are interchageable.

The second thing is whether the car is an import second hand which has had a European card in it before or whether the car has never had a navigation card in it. It makes a difference.

If it's a virgin unit they are prepped to setup on the first navigation card put in them. If you buy a European VAG card, take a copy of it, then load up the Israel map and pop it in. It should marry up. Over on the Cupra Ateca thread I did help out someone with this one who lived in Israel. Over there map cards aren't provided on any VAG cars sold in dealers the solution is as described - it works.

If it's a second hand import car that seen a European card then follow the lost and stolen section in the resource. You'll need the overall.nds file I linked to. Then you need to follow the text of fitting in another zone eg. Israel into the European zone. I've helped out people with this in the past and a Palestine guy worked out the enhanced stuff that is in the resource. Many second hand European cars end up over there hence the need to fit your zone into the European zone. I've done here for test purposes. North Africa and Australia. Some Australian's buy second hand Mib2 standard unit so do this process. Other take their cars abroad with them. A bit of joint working I did across the VW Transporter forum. I made mention to that. It's where the solution was first found but had to be enhanced for newer infotainment units.

Either way once you get the card working any other map upgrades you will need the "workaround" to mapcare shown in the resource. First task is to buy a VAG card.
Thank you Tell for the full explanation, I will order right now a standard Europe Seat SD card and merge the new maps from seat with it.
Promise to update the results
Regards
Eran

Oct 18, 2023
I was trying to use mib tool box but I dont have developer mode , I'm on frimware MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0515T
As my understanding I need OBD 11 to open the dev mode in my device, any other use case?

Oct 18, 2023
For the maps on a mib2 standard which is what you have you don't need any coding. That tool box is for the mib2 high. The mib2 standard tool box you don't need. Not much information on it's use in any case on this board.
I tried to allow the maps with this tool box to read from after market SD Cards by disable the CCD rule

Tell

Staff member
I tried to allow the maps with this tool box to read from after market SD Cards by disable the CCD rule
That is one of the uses of the mib2 standard toolbox but has to be paired with the firmware installed so the chances of that match is more remote with the versions and their isn't experience on here with that software. Much easier just to buy the card than hack the firmware.

Oct 18, 2023
That is one of the uses of the mib2 standard toolbox but has to be paired with the firmware installed so the chances of that match is more remote with the versions and their isn't experience on here with that software. Much easier just to buy the card than hack the firmware.
Just did on AliExpress, I saw that I'm wasting too much time on this issue so for 25 eur It worth it

Tell

Staff member
That one was easy enough. The car was primed to take the first card put in it as they are in Europe. Put the Israel map on a Vag card and the unit married to the map release. It's only if it had another card in it which it has been married to you need to do the complex stuff of using an overall.nds and if shipped from Europe second hand then you have to post fit the Israel map as region 00 as per the resource. It's quite flexible on how you can load other regions into these units. Mib2 standard that is.

Reactions: Eran6782
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members