Updating the inbuilt Mib3 Satnav Offline

djmartzian

Apr 25, 2023
Hello @Tell,

Can you please share the download link from VW? The above one (from VW UK) has an outdated/older version of the Nav DB. The SK one is newest.

OR, if the Seat one is the latest one, can you please share the link?

Br

Tell

Staff member
I suggest you wait until July and see whether VW updates the page. There probably are people that post up the direct links to the files but I haven't found any yet except the one I showed. It's a popular thing to do. I was hoping the guy in that link would do that but that thread stopped in April. It's quite plausible that the file has not been posted yet. The guy probably doesn't use range searching methods to find the files so just posts up when they arrive on the VW site.

Reactions: djmartzian

ruidebraga

May 31, 2023
In seat site they say that the next update would come in june 2023

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Tell

Staff member
Well VW lead the pack on releases. Seat and Skoda can be late as far as mib2 is concerned. It wont be different it's how they resource the brands. It's all the same map so you get it from whoever offers it first.

Apart from that Italian site I haven't seen anyone publishing the direct file links and that is since last time I looked.

Well if you get a VW login, you don't need to specify your car 😉 and goto map updates for 2021 models and pick Discovery Pro it's showing 19/06/2023, a tar file, 29.7gb. That should be the latest release.

I'll post that direct link up here:

Service with a smile. I'll edit it into the top post.

Last edited:

ruidebraga

May 31, 2023
Well VW lead the pack on releases. Seat and Skoda can be late as far as mib2 is concerned. It wont be different it's how they resource the brands. It's all the same map so you get it from whoever offers it first.

Apart from that Italian site I haven't seen anyone publishing the direct file links and that last time I looked wasn't showing the latest yet.

Well if you get a VW login, you don't need to specify your car and goto map updates for 2021 models and pick Discovery Pro it's showing 19/06/2023, a tar file, 29.7gb. That should be the latest release.

I'll post that direct link up here.

I have a vw login, that created only for this
Will get it when at home
Thanks for the warning

ruidebraga

May 31, 2023
Hello, yesterday I unloaded the maps and copied all the files to a formatted pen on the ntfs system. That's how I did it when I did the last update of the offline maps.
This morning I put the pen on one of the front USB ports and took a trip of about 55 minutes, but when I arrived the system had not yet updated the maps, it still appears to me as being in version 21.11
A travel time is not enough to update? I have an idea that last time it didn't take that long.

Last edited:

witek_77

Jul 11, 2023
PL
A travel time is not enough to update?

do not take out the flash drive and drive normally. will do after time. last year I did like you because I didn't have online access. today I watched the information and my seat is already 23.6 . which it did automatically. but this year I have already purchased online services but without a data package. i.e. the update is independent of the data package, only seat online services. I'm still waiting for soft 1940.

P.S. i have used exfat and left USB

Tell

Staff member
Exfat is designed for solid state memory. When I did some timing with Crystal Disk Tools thingy exFat was by far the faster than NTFS.

You probably need to leave it in longer as said. It's only going to be running when powered up and that 20 minutes after locking or last door open. Multi tasks as well.

ruidebraga

May 31, 2023
I left it in for 40 min - nothing visually happened (but I was sure its enough time), so just rebooted infotainment system and new version appeared in the system info...

I will try that after dinner.
To reboot, i must press de button for some seconds, right?

ruidebraga

May 31, 2023
I reebot it but the version still is 21.11
I formated the pen in ex-fat, copied all the files again and Will leave it there until the new version appears 🙄

Last edited:
Reactions: Tell

ruidebraga

May 31, 2023
One week later, leaving the pen in place all the time, and the update still didn't happen..
But in its defence, during the week i make mostly small travel distances, sometimes don't exceed 10 minutes.
Later today i will do a trip of about 1 hour.
If it inst updated by then, then something is definitely wrong.
I have the pen formatted in Ex-FAT, it's a USB-C Pen, with all the files from the VW update.

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
Are the maps actually newer than 22.11? When I downloaded the offline maps from the SEAT website at the start of the year (who are very behind the VW site I know), the map version was about a year behind (released Nov 2022, but the map version was IIRC mid 2021).

In other words, the file release date and maps version were different by quite some time...

ruidebraga

May 31, 2023
Hello, I've already managed to update the offline maps.
Now version 22.12 appears, previously was version 21.11

Tell

Staff member
Are the maps actually newer than 22.11? When I downloaded the offline maps from the SEAT website at the start of the year (who are very behind the VW site I know), the map version was about a year behind (released Nov 2022, but the map version was IIRC mid 2021).

In other words, the file release date and maps version were different by quite some time...
A six month lag from creation and final release in mib2 world isn't unusual so these are the same. So the June release now would have been finalised at the back end of last year. 22.12 feels right :). I've not been able to read that date in the file. Mib2 knew where to look for that. Probably looking in the wrong place or it's scrambled. In the goodness of time I'm sure we'll find how to read that without loading them up.

Tell

Staff member
One week later, leaving the pen in place all the time, and the update still didn't happen..
But in its defence, during the week i make mostly small travel distances, sometimes don't exceed 10 minutes.
Later today i will do a trip of about 1 hour.
If it inst updated by then, then something is definitely wrong.
I have the pen formatted in Ex-FAT, it's a USB-C Pen, with all the files from the VW update.
I see it's now updated from your subsequent post. If it's like the mib2 high update which it will be when the update is interrupted it goes back to a restart point so probably those 10 minutes drives were not giving it enough time to move on. Again if like normal Vag systems the infotainment system stays live for 20 minutes after power down of the car. Opening and closing the door is the signal for the nexf 20 minutes of live power (how the radio goes of if you are sitting in it with the ignition off). So you would be getting a maximum of 20 minutes processing on each shot per day. I know this since it's how I fiddle my mib2 high update by opening and closing the door every 15 minutes during the one hour process. It's an old trick with mib updates but not advisable on firmware updates. Thus I suspect for you it just wasn't getting enough time on the short journeys to push it forward.

Nov 18, 2021
I've also updated it yesterday, and now is 22/12, and looking at the extracted zip file, files and folders are from that date.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 9 Pro mediante Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members