Upgrading boot struts

N77A

Nov 8, 2019
Does anyone know where i can get those boot struts to fit to my car so i can open it with the press of the key? I know emerald struts do them for bmw, volkswagen etc but not seat’s.

MatTheMerciless

Feb 16, 2019
That’s great thank you! Do you have these on your car or do you know if they make it harder to close the boot? I read somewhere that it needs a bit more force to close them

I do have these installed on my ST. It might be a touch more difficult to close but it’s nowhere near a deal breaker. Wasn’t convinced this was that good a mod at first but I use it all the time. Worth every penny.
Did bonnet gas struts too. Another worthy upgrade for the money.

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
I have a set of Stabilus struts I have just taken off my 18 plate FR hatch if you still need them.

Reactions: jcbmally

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
I will do tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The length is 51cm
This is part number on the box
They need to be fitted 'upside down' on the Leon
15817ff614d97ea9944230a28f5b9c38.jpg

Last edited:

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
Think you mean 51cm. 51mm is 2 inches - would open the boot just enough to put your hand in! 51cm compressed?

as they were removed which is obviously not compressed.

They are officially listed as 49cm, but I think they measure centre to centre

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
Just installed a set to my leon. The closing of the boot isn't as easy as I'd like.

Bound to be harder due to the increased pressure with the new struts, the reason why it self opens.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Bound to be harder due to the increased pressure with the new struts, the reason why it self opens.

I read posts before I purchased that hinted at the increased resistance on close but didn't think it would be as bad.

I am going to run them for a week or two longer but may switch back to stock as I'm not 100 pc sure if its worth it in my case. Hopefully they aren't causing any damage...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise