Upgrading brakes and disks Help

Dyilbar

Dec 25, 2018
Westmidlands
Okay, lads, I need help with upgrading my brakes and pads on my SEAT Leon FR 1.4 it's the 138 bhp one
Stage 2 map,
Downpipes,
DeCAT,
Forge blow-off valve,
K&N induction kit,

My stock brakes need upgrading as they are currently nearly metal on metal and they are making a squealing sound so its time to upgrade the brakes however I need some advice on what brakes you guys would suggest, I have been looking at Brembo brakes and discs, as that's what some of my friends have suggested however I would like to ask here for some advice from experienced drives and car users, also what's the best place to buy the parts, any advice would be helpful.

Retiree2013

Jun 29, 2020
Depends on how much money you want to throw at your car, all the fashionable outlets will charge you top dollar and then some, you can over brake your car by upgrading too far, so check out all sites first before you plough your money into you braking system. Brembo are indeed highly rated brake experts but they also come at a premium price, however as it’s your money then you decide how you wish to go. Why am I not giving definite advice ? Because what suits one person may not suit another and there’s nothing worse than someone giving you GBH of the ear over advice given. Choice is yours.

Retiree2013

Jun 29, 2020
Seat cupra power output is around 100 bop more than your Leon so correspondingly the braking system Is upgraded to suit the power increase. It will not just be bigger more powerful callipers but ventilated larger diameter rotors, pads plus servo unit. Remember if you upgrade you may need to consider your road wheels which could interfere with the callipers.
My advice on this would be to consult with a main dealer service office to ensure these items can be interchanged without considerable financial outlay not just for the brake system parts but possibly wheels as well.

Retiree2013

Jun 29, 2020
Just as a thought, visit the EBC brakes site, they have perhaps one of the largest selections which are purpose made for Seat’s of all types and all prices, many well below the more race spec outlets but better suited for road use with minimum fuss of changeover, choice obviously yours to make.
Hope it helps
Andy G

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise