Nov 25, 2021
Hi ,

I have a 2013 Ibiza facelift and have had a problem for a while and have finally got round to fixing it. I’ve always wanted to upgrade my standard stereo to a new one with a screen , Apple CarPlay etc but have been held back by the relocation of hazards , airbag and traction control buttons.

I finally came across a few threads on here explaining how to do it so I’ve finally started. I’ve purchased the new button panel online but couldn’t find the adapter. I’ve seen that a few members have had troubles finding one too and the people that have managed to get one have had troubles such as buttons not working. I don’t trust myself to re-pin the buttons myself so I’ve contacted my local auto electrician and was quoted £70 for the job (which is about the same price of the loom so it’s not bad). I’ve been asked if I have the plugs and terminals for the new button panel but I’m not actually sure what those are (I’m not a big car person). The button panel hasn’t arrived yet so I have no clue. He says he could provide the parts but they are hard to source and can cost a bit. I thought it was a simple re-pin job with the old wires.

Next issue is that annoying plastic part behind the head unit. Is it best to purchase the double din unit first and gradually sand the plastic down until it fits ?

any help is appreciated
Morghan

LJamH

Mar 16, 2022
This will allow you to move the hazards;

Last I checked you don’t need to file any plastic way. Just see what happens when you go to fit it.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.