URGENT WIPER PROBLEM! Please Help!!!

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
My brother has big problem with his wipers on his mk3 ibiza,

Basically the drivers wiper arm doesn't stop in it's correct resting place and travels too far down.

This means that when the wipers are switched on the passenger one moves, but the drivers one gets jammed under the arm of the passenger one.

What can be done??!?!?

Wipers are correct size, and I took arm off and had a wee look to see if there was a problem with where the arm attached but couldn't see anything.

How can he get the wiper arm to stop where it's supposed to???

Please help as he can't go out in the rain now and i'm having to take him places [:@]

Mat

might be a new connecting arm he needs.... I replaced mine last year.... Cost about £11 from stealers (may have been mates trade price)

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
So it's just a new arm needed? As I had a look at it (and although I didn't really know what looking for), everything looked as it should do, couldn't see anything that was broken! Or is it something small & subtle that keeps the wiper arm in the same place??

Mat

no, there's a connecting piece under the scuttle panel... check that is tight

as trucido said, may be a case of removing the entire arm, and repositioning it

Mat

like mine last year.... snapped off and would never stay tight! came a nuisance (sp) when doin 40mph+ then the drivers wiper fies half way up the screen

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
no, there's a connecting piece under the scuttle panel... check that is tight

as trucido said, may be a case of removing the entire arm, and repositioning it

is the scuttle panel the plastic panel just below the washer bolt? If so, I tried to remove that, but couldn't find a way of getting it off without snapping it!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise