Using MP3 player through the standard headunit?

cus

... Vag only!
Feb 8, 2004
Middlesbrough
www.nemm.co.uk
oh, sorry, i thought it was something on the main page. browsed through and know what your talking about now lol

well it must be a mistake! 3.5mm cable wont work surely! unless SEAT put a secret 3.5mm jack somewhere lol

ndbrgr

THFC
Jul 21, 2008
Kent
They used to sell a something that removed the CD function and allowed MP3 players to be plugged in, but that now seems to have disappeared.

Dan1.6

1.6 Power FTW!!!!!!!!
Sep 26, 2008
Chesterfield
i may be wrong but i think there is a thread somewere in which it connects were your disc changer or what ever you want to use

iv been looking around for one of these

sorry got that wrong i dint follow the the link through properly im gona taje ma headunit apart tonight and see

Daymo

Low and Slow..
Jul 22, 2008
Scarborough/Sheffield
get an ipod xcarlink, i got one for christmas, its really good, and allows you to use all the functions of the standard head unit. i.e skip track and pause etc... there about 60-70 quid IIRC and it just loops through your cd changer cable :)

Tiz Cupra

MK3 Ibiza Cupra
Jan 2, 2008
wrexham
I use a wireless thing. You plug it into your mp3 player, then just select the matching radio channel from the transmitter to your radio. Simple, think it cost about £25, its made by belkin. Very good sound quality, no static and no cables, sorted!

antnee

I use a wireless thing. You plug it into your mp3 player, then just select the matching radio channel from the transmitter to your radio. Simple, think it cost about £25, its made by belkin. Very good sound quality, no static and no cables, sorted!

They are illegal though unless you have a licence for transmitting FM radio waves

Cupra_J_RS

Yellow Perril Cupra
May 14, 2007
Solihull, Birmingham
get an ipod xcarlink, i got one for christmas, its really good, and allows you to use all the functions of the standard head unit. i.e skip track and pause etc... there about 60-70 quid IIRC and it just loops through your cd changer cable :)

Similar to the X-link... 'Dension' manufacture an Ipod interface which connects straight into the standard head unit, but you loose the ability to also have a CD changer plugged in...unless someone knows better?

I paid £100 for the interface, its good, but has some functioning issues such as skipping tracks.

Do a search on the forum for 'Dension', there's quite a bit of feedback about it.

Jun 26, 2008
Sunderland
ive got one of those little tapes with a jack lead on it.

stick it in the tape deck.

plug in your ipod.

Job done! :D

About £3 on the internet somewhere.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members