V-power or normal fuel on stage2 + when in stock..

adam23

Jan 10, 2008
Hi guys,

Just a quick question. I've recently bought a mk2 Cupra that's running a Revo stage2+ map, Miltek TBE, Upgraded fuel pump, air filter and an SPS switch (I think that's all the mods). What I wanted to know, would it be okay to use normal fuel when running stock settings on the car? Or is it best to use V-power or equivalent with the car being tuned to stage2+?

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
If your running it in stock mode then i would think 95ron would be fine, but put vpower back in when you wind the boost back up. Oh and get a proper intake, panel filters a pants and maybe an uprated intercooler, the car will be fine without these like but best to keep the temps down ;).

adam23

Jan 10, 2008
Hi Rob, was thinking of putting an ITG intake, seen a vid on youtube, the sound is awsome!
Do you get a lot of wheel spin when running aggressive boost? My wheels spin in third gear and that's in the dry!! Also, are stock settings always set to to the number 1 on the switch? Sorry if i'm sounding a little silly, i'm new to playing about with settings on a modded car!

Poverty

Hi Rob, was thinking of putting an ITG intake, seen a vid on youtube, the sound is awsome!
Do you get a lot of wheel spin when running aggressive boost? My wheels spin in third gear and that's in the dry!! Also, are stock settings always set to to the number 1 on the switch? Sorry if i'm sounding a little silly, i'm new to playing about with settings on a modded car!

spin in 3rd with esp on?

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
i dont think so no you might be best asking revo themselves. There is a stock setting on the sps though i would just use that. As for wheelspin not really in 3rd when its dry normally pretty planted, what tyres are you using? By the way its this time of year when your supposed to be turning revo2+ back on with summer round the corner and hopefully dry roads.

adam23

Jan 10, 2008
i dont think so no you might be best asking revo themselves. There is a stock setting on the sps though i would just use that. As for wheelspin not really in 3rd when its dry normally pretty planted, what tyres are you using? By the way its this time of year when your supposed to be turning revo2+ back on with summer round the corner and hopefully dry roads.

Yeah that's the setting i've got on now, number 1 which on the back of the sps is stock. Can tell there is not much torque at low revs compared to revo2+.
Tyre's, Pirelli P Zero's.. Maybe its running too much boost????:shrug:

Poverty

you turned yours off :p

TBH in the **** whether the car is nicer to drive in stock mode, never thought I would say that :banned:

Poverty

Its pointless pushing it in 1st or 2nd... Car spins like mad

Im not surpised if you have esp off, you have to really modulate the throttle. With r1r's I can plant stage 1 power in 2nd with esp off with no wheel spin. You just get massively pushed into the back of your seat and hang on!

adam23

Jan 10, 2008
Yeah its turned off, its kinda pointless driving around with that kind of power in the wet... Its crazy on dry roads!!!

Poverty

Yeah its turned off, its kinda pointless driving around with that kind of power in the wet... Its crazy on dry roads!!!

I keep mine on unless hammering round sweeping bends or drag racing

adam23

Jan 10, 2008
If the esp is on, the car will break up the power trying to get traction and it wont really go anywhere! Find it better to distribute the power with the esp off, but get plenty spin up higher rev's...

Poverty

If the esp is on, the car will break up the power trying to get traction and it wont really go anywhere! Find it better to distribute the power with the esp off, but get plenty spin up higher rev's...

Gotta drive to the conditions, rather esp kick in than spin up the wheels and shred tyres.

Poverty

Fair point... I'll keep that in mind, don't want to blow money on a new set of tyres!:)

Tell me about it, mine last 4500 miles as it is. Thing is with the esp, once rolling in 3rd etc its not all that intrusive in a straight line anyway

adam23

Jan 10, 2008
Tell me about it, mine last 4500 miles as it is. Thing is with the esp, once rolling in 3rd etc its not all that intrusive in a straight line anyway

True, well its running stock now with the esp on.. But guess what, I still get some spin at higher revs in 1st and 2nd. Should that be happening??

Poverty

True, well its running stock now with the esp on.. But guess what, I still get some spin at higher revs in 1st and 2nd. Should that be happening??

What tyres have you got? And yeah in 1st and 2nd I would be expecting spin for sure on a car with no extra chassis or drivetrain mods.

adam23

Jan 10, 2008
Its got Pirelli P Zero's on at the mo.. What tyres you got?
BTW, loving the power of the Cupra especially on Revo stage2+, i've only had it a day.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.