V15NEV's Ibiza Mk3 Project - Cupra Grill, Wind Def's, Vinyl Fitted (Update 08/09/08)

V15NEV

Cat Stopper
Feb 15, 2008
Manchester
LATEST PICS & PROGRESS OF CAR ON LAST PAGE

Car: Seat Ibiza 1.4 S (2001)

Mods to Date (In Order):

- 17" BSA 292 Alloy Wheels C/w Avon Low Profile Tyres (NOW BEING SPRAYED BLACK)
- Carbon Fibre exterior detailing (Door handles/Pillars) - Now Removed
- 3D Lexus Style Rear Lights (Removed this year for newer better lights)
- Chrome M3 Style Mirrors
- Debadged Tailgate
- HP 6x9 Speakers
- Upgraded Door Speakers & Tweeters
- Full Stainless Steel Exhaust System (Done by ExhaustsUK)
- Tinted Rear Windows (Done by Dapaa Tints - Highly Recommended)
- Reverse Parking Sensors
- Front Fogs Lights (as they aren't standard on the S)
- Debadged Front Grill (took off though cos it looked a bit poo)
- Upgraded Headlight, Foglight, & Sidelight bulbs.
- Gear Knob/Gaiter/Surround
- PRIVATE PLATE WOO HOO!!
- SCN STICKERS!
- Lowered
- Full Valance Kit
- New DTM Mirrors in Red
- Aero Wipers front & Rear
- Sub & Amp
- Sprts seats
- Rear Spacers
- New German Style Pressed Plated
- Rear Lights Tinted Red... (NOW REMOVED - STANDARD ONES FITTED)
- Black Metal Aerial
- COILOVERS FITTED
- Wheels refurbed in black and fitted
- B Pillar Vinyl in Matt Black
- CUPRA Grills
- CC'd Bump Strip
- Wind Deflectors
FROM THIS (APRIL 07)

SeatIbiza.jpg

TOO THIS (AUG 08)

S6300196.jpg

Its getting there now!!!

Last edited:

caveo

when i was 19 i had a clio on 16's and didnt lower it and it was like a pram in the corners and ended up losing it and smashing front bumper in so i cant sugest it enuf as for as little as 70 quid you can get some cheap springs that will sort it easly.

V15NEV

Cat Stopper
Feb 15, 2008
Manchester
i've seen some on ebay like you say for around £70.00, i had my last two cars (nova & corsa) lowered, just not got round to this one yet... once the valances are on i'll probably look into it...

cheers! :clap:

V15NEV

Cat Stopper
Feb 15, 2008
Manchester
As commented on by caveo (cheers) there is enough room between my arch and wheels to house a little family of squirrel and there large nuts, hence i have now ordered some springs woo hoo!!! Car should be 40mm lower ensuring that the squirrels and their nuts are well and truly squashed -

I'll post some before & after pics to see if they really make a difference??

V15NEV

Cat Stopper
Feb 15, 2008
Manchester
mine did have standard 15" alloys on and it looked alot lower??? just the effect of the wheels i think but my new springs arrive tommorow and my valance kit is being sprayed next week so in a few weeks it should look 10 times better!!! i mean lower lol! Like your fogs, i bought standard seat ones from ebay for £30 each & just loomed the wirning in myself (put 100W xenons in too)- easy really like you say better than spending 200 squids at Seat....

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
mine did have standard 15" alloys on and it looked alot lower??? just the effect of the wheels i think but my new springs arrive tommorow and my valance kit is being sprayed next week so in a few weeks it should look 10 times better!!! i mean lower lol! Like your fogs, i bought standard seat ones from ebay for £30 each & just loomed the wirning in myself (put 100W xenons in too)- easy really like you say better than spending 200 squids at Seat....

good job :) saved yourself a fair bit of money!

you need to think about buying a HID kit and fitting them in your dipped beam and fogs!

i have that setup and it look amazing at night!

what valances have you got for your car ? are they cupra ones or are they different

V15NEV

Cat Stopper
Feb 15, 2008
Manchester
i'm not sure to be honest, again they were on ebay from a fabricator in poland, they look really good when i initially fitted them prior to prep really good GRP Plastic too not fibreglass poo!... their not cupra i know that but they are not OTT either? Like i said i'll post a pic once done and maybe someone will know what they are imitating?

I have put 100W in my main dipped beams too and its pretty bright as it is for now - 'For now' being the key point lol - i might look at changing them in few months, want to find an interior first (preferably cupra) was yours from a cupra or a retrim, looks smart...

Mr Az

Wants it wide & low
Nov 15, 2007
Bucks
www.myspace.com
Its a nice looking project, and will look great with a drop and the valances, but please please loose the chrome m3 mirrors :cry: they don't look good on anything apart from an m3!

V15NEV

Cat Stopper
Feb 15, 2008
Manchester
i am one step ahead there my friend, the chromey homey mirrors will soon be on the scrap heap in the sky - with the valance kit i also have a set of DTM mirrors which will be red to match the car - alot less brash than the chrome earings on it at the mo...

caveo

change your sig as there is no such thing as a seatCUBRA.net sticker , unless you are wanting a custom job LOL!

V15NEV

Cat Stopper
Feb 15, 2008
Manchester
I am glad to say that the squirrels and their nuts have now been forced to move home from my rear arches as my beeza is now lowered on springs at the rear...

I would post pics but the front isn't done yet due to the poo weather in manchester.

Can anyone tell me the best way to change the front springs or is it recommended that a garage does it?

Thanks all!!! :happy:

Not alot harder than doing the rears to be honest. Just a few more bolts and can bit a bit more of a pain to get back on, but do-able. I found I didn't even really need the spring compressors, just pulled up the tube as far as it would go and compressed it a bit.

There are alot of threads on fitting springs/shocks etc.

V15NEV

Cat Stopper
Feb 15, 2008
Manchester
Here is a before & after shot of the rear being lowered - fronts are now done too so i'll get pics later and post them :rolleyes:

BEFORE....

SeatIbiza001.jpg

AFTER...

SeatIbiza003.jpg

Valance kit will also be on soon i hope so then it should look the mutz tesicles...

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.