V5 170 bhp fuel consumption result !!!!

Colin C

Apr 1, 2003
Southampton
Visit site
I see quite a few posts on hear about the V5's fuel consumption so I thought I would post my results. I have just been away for a long weekend and covered 190 miles in 4 days on mainly A roads but also quite a few short journeys and down little single track lanes in Dorset. When I got home I checked the average MPG for the trip and was quite pleased to see 35.1 MPG. I have a 170bhp version with 91K on the clock.

Arron

Im currently doing 25.3 mpg, not known for great MPG figures these engines!

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
I'm happy with my consistent 30, its more or less the same as my old Astra 1.6 shed...

But the Tolly is just sooo much more comfortable!!

The one thing that does annoy me is that my old Vectra 2.5V6 could get down to 4mpg on the instantaneous reading, if I really went for it. But the Toledo just won't drop below 12...

Here's a challenge for you, see how high you can get the instant gauge to read WITHOUT it maxing out at 200.0 or - - -... :)

Jayzx

Well with my lead foot I'm usually seeing around 28-29 (according to the MPG display on the trip computer). Actually quite impressed to be honest after the thirsty motors I've had in the past! And none of them were this quick! :)

AJ-V5

Jun 27, 2009
I have only just got a V5 but i have been getting around 28-30MPG so far. I would try harder but the noise is too good :)

rowlers

I have only just got a V5 but i have been getting around 28-30MPG so far. I would try harder but the noise is too good :)

new V5 (170) owner here, the engine is happy ticking over and pull well, fro 1krpm, but the sound on full twilt is fab, and its very hard to take it easy!
First tank is ave 34mpg and I'm more than happy:D:D:D:D

Toledov5boy

I have just bought my v5 and like anyone that has driven one I could not help but give it some stick. I reckon Im probably getting 15 to 20mpg with a lead foot but recently being more sensible have managed 35 which I think is decent figures!!

AJ-V5

Jun 27, 2009
I was going to start a new thread but no point with this one here! Around town, i am getting 28 at the moment BUT on a long motorway trip as i did the other day- i got an average of 38.4MPG over the journey. Well happy with that. That was sitting at 80 too. So if i had slowed im sure i could have got it higher!

l18oud

on my eco run i am now getting 27.4 mpg around town but when you give it some beans it goes down but its worth it for the sound had my v5 for 6 months and still not board amazing car

kewe

Jun 20, 2001
Edinburgh
Visit site
Just back from my hols and a trip to the West coast of Scotland. Car was fully loaded in the boot plus 2 adults + 2 kids. Filled to the brim with Shell SU. The 190 mile trip there (had to take a detour because of T in the Park) I averaged 37.4mpg.

Later that week, we crossed the ferry to Arran and drove down to Brodick and back. Also a trip in to Tarbert then back. Then drove home. All in all 408 miles on 1 full tank of petrol and the computer tells me I have 10 miles left in the tank - Not bad going for a thirsty beast. The average mpg is sitting about 36mpg now although I haven't checked it since we got home.

Was also amazed at how well the car still pulls in 5th from as low as 1000rpm when it's loaded to the gunnels even on inclines, the extra weight doesn't seem to make much difference at all compared to previous simillar powered cars I've owned.

I think there are so many threads on here from time to time that would make you think these are awful cars, but I have to say I still love mines to bits and fingers crossed it has never let me down in 2 years of ownership.

(2001 V5 170 52K miles and FSH)

rustyk7

hello there

i have just bought myself a V5 toledo 170BHP and its doing 37 to 40 MPG
so its not that bad at all