V5 170 misfiring at low revs

AD86

May 19, 2014
Hi.

My V5 has developed a misfire at low revs.

Basically between 1500 and 3000rpm its misfiring, seems to clear after 3000rpm.

Sometimes can be difficult to start too.

I noticed in its history its had one coilpack replaced (no.3), is this likely to be a coilpack problem?

The management light isn't on so don't think it'll have stored any codes.

Am I better off just replacing the 4 older coilpacks rather than chasing the one dodgy one around the engine? :rolleyes:

Anything else it could be? Don't want to spend £100 on four coils if im not sure.

Cheers

marculos

May 16, 2010
Hi.

My V5 has developed a misfire at low revs.

Basically between 1500 and 3000rpm its misfiring, seems to clear after 3000rpm.

Sometimes can be difficult to start too.

I noticed in its history its had one coilpack replaced (no.3), is this likely to be a coilpack problem?

The management light isn't on so don't think it'll have stored any codes.

Am I better off just replacing the 4 older coilpacks rather than chasing the one dodgy one around the engine? :rolleyes:

Anything else it could be? Don't want to spend £100 on four coils if im not sure.

Cheers

I had a misfire which was a coil pack, common issue. The mechanic who fixed it easily identified the problem one with Vagcom I think.

aceman

May 6, 2002
West Yorkshire
Visit site
Most likely is a coil pack as they tend misbehave at lower revs when the engine is under load. Thing is coil packs can go at anytime even newer ones so I have learnt in the past to just replace the one that is playing up at the time and just have a spare one to hand when the next one goes.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.