v5 rolling roaded

skinnylew

Mar 19, 2007
South east london
Its been a while since i've been on here, which is a good sign really as i normally come on here for advice when something breaks

However i recently went up to Northampton for an Ax owners club meet (my GTi turbo is still being built) and there was a spare space on the rollers so i thought i'd chuck the Toledo v5 on there.

Now the V5 is my daily hack. It has done 125,000miles, 30k in the last two years, i average maybe 1300 miles a month, mainly around town stop start. Its due a service (its been 10,000 since the last but its had a sump and oil in between) so expectations arent high. It has recently had new wishbones and rear beam bushes so at least it won't fall off the rollers lol

Anyways a few piccys:
(filthy dirty not washed in the last 2k) basking in the sun after the drive up.
HPIM1212.jpg

on the rollers
HPIM1224.jpg

spinning up the rollers
HPIM1224.jpg

wee video (unfortunately it cuts before it peaks :( )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLhcEpvcLx0

several things surprised everyone there from the Axoc........

the noise, everyone agreed it sounded amazing at full chat
the amount of engine movement, was trying to escape
the amount of power it made............

graph.jpg

149.8bhp atf (estimated) thats a loss of 0.2bhp over 125k,and 9 years. Flipping impressive.
It makes it in an odd place up at 6500 rpm but the following pics are of the data which might clarify that....
data1.jpg

data2.jpg

data3.jpg

data4.jpg

skinnylew

Mar 19, 2007
South east london
finished the day at Santa Pod but didnt feel like taking the V5 down the strip as it would only disappoint and ruin a good weekend
HPIM1242.jpg

as a reward i treated her to a new spoiler from Seat
cheers
Tim

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
That is a huge spread of torque, really nice!! I really must get mine on the rolling road, just to know what its doing. I did my old Vectra V6, which peaked at 197BHP, but it didn't feel anywhere near as quick as the Toledo.

I do like the customisation on the passenger door, was that self-inflicted or did someone get jealous of your beast? :)

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
Yep. The charts always show just how useable the torque is. Mid-range relaxed power is where it's at :) The nice thing is a lot of the power is avilable at motorway cruising speed without the need to drop a gear. I never fail to enjoy the effortless surge with the accompanying noise that moves me through as someone pulls over. That's pretty similar to my chart showing pre and post remap figures:

torque.jpg

bhpgraph.jpg

With the new spoiler I hope you're going to get that ding sorted!

Last edited:

skinnylew

Mar 19, 2007
South east london
That is a huge spread of torque, really nice!! I really must get mine on the rolling road, just to know what its doing. I did my old Vectra V6, which peaked at 197BHP, but it didn't feel anywhere near as quick as the Toledo.

I do like the customisation on the passenger door, was that self-inflicted or did someone get jealous of your beast? :)

looks better in the pics than in real life as well :blink:

Im a highways technician for the local council which involves me being emergency officer for the borough 'out of hours'. I was on one such call out to and RTC late at night and had to spin around to go back to the police cordon. When i went to spin around in the road entrance there were bollards on the corners. However the junction was on a raised table so instead of using the kerb to judge distance (see the wheels :whistle: ) i just swung over to the left and crunched the two doors and the sill on a bollard :(

My boss had the cheek to ask me if i'd damaged the bollard!!
I do have a black rear door i picked up for £15 that will get sprayed and go on but the backs actually okish after i popped it out. Will have to pick up a front door and get it sorted but the sill is the main problem.
It is flattened and folded in and seems quite solid so not sure how to fix it. May get everything sprayed at the same time and fixed.....

Arron

Thats impressive, i must agree with you about the noise and the surge without the need to drop back, but i always get the urge to, the bellow more than makes up for the crappy mpg the V5 gives

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise