VAG-COM in birmingham??? Airbag light stuck on

BHP Addict

Back in a SEAT!!
Jan 31, 2006
Birmingham
Hi guys,

I have done the stupid thing of disconnecting passenger airbag then turning on ignition:ban:

Anyone in birmingham area that can help at all??

Car in garage for a week but much appreciated if someone could help and turn it off for me.

Beer involved :p

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Have you plugged it back in mate? If so just try disconnecting the battery for 20mins to reset the ECU, Im not 100% that it will clear the fault code but your light should go out, I had to do it at the weekend when i unplugged MAF. Worked for me :D.

David.

BHP Addict

Back in a SEAT!!
Jan 31, 2006
Birmingham
Ye i'v tried that because it fixes most things lol.

light wont go out tho mate, needs clearing by VAG COM and stealers want £35.

prob end up paying but thought id ask.

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
When i had my mk2 i had the same problem, i just went to a back street garage and he had one of these hand held jobbies, i got him to do it for a tenner in his pocket!

David.

jetsetjimbo

a.k.a James
Jun 12, 2005
J2 M5
Mate - I met you at that RR up by Merry Hill last year.

I don't live to far from J2 of the M5. I'll have a look for the laptop with VAGCOM tonight and if I can find it you can pop over?

BHP Addict

Back in a SEAT!!
Jan 31, 2006
Birmingham
Hi jetset mate, hows it going?

Hows the motor?

Mines going now mate hence the resetting, time to look at property i'm afraid and some things you have to sacrifice :lol:

let me know if you fine it out, probably be couple week yet though.

P-torque, thanks mate I'll keep you in mind if any problems.

Much appreciated guys

b21playa

oil burner
Jan 10, 2005
Birmingham
hi mate

ordered my license today and should be sorted tomorrow.

im near m5 junction 1 and can help a fellow scn'er

can meet at junction 1 if you wanted.

if your interested, drop me a pm

Smithy

Old School
Jan 17, 2002
Hertfordshire
Got the same fault with my mk2 Ibiza, but this was due to me turning the ignition without the airbag plugged in, now its permanently on.

After PM's with Scotty_b, he advised me that after an ecu reset (battery disconnected for 20mins), after 50 restarts, if the fault doesn't reoccur, it will clear itself.

I'm yet to try it, but not going to do 50 restarts in one go! Got my MOT on Saturday, will just remove the bulb for the time being.

Anyone tried and tested this method? I'll be delighted if it works, as I don't want to shell out £35 to a Stealer, or a tenner to local mech.

b21playa

oil burner
Jan 10, 2005
Birmingham
Got the same fault with my mk2 Ibiza, but this was due to me turning the ignition without the airbag plugged in, now its permanently on.

After PM's with Scotty_b, he advised me that after an ecu reset (battery disconnected for 20mins), after 50 restarts, if the fault doesn't reoccur, it will clear itself.

I'm yet to try it, but not going to do 50 restarts in one go! Got my MOT on Saturday, will just remove the bulb for the time being.

Anyone tried and tested this method? I'll be delighted if it works, as I don't want to shell out £35 to a Stealer, or a tenner to local mech.

best to find someone with vag-com in your area - bound to be someone close-by.

if you in birmingham, i'll clear the fault for you

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members