VAG-K+CAN....New to this

scanlanlee

Jan 4, 2018
Hi everyone,

1st post, but have been reading a lot on here after buying myself a Leon ST FR - as my Dad has the Golf mk7 I saw that his mirrors turned in when locking I started to look at why I had to lock mine then hold the button down...well after seeing on here that this and an awful lot of other changes can be made I thought I would see what I could do.
I bought a basic OBD11 wifi module and made some changes with carista, all good, but then I realised that it was a bit limiting.
So I bought a VAG-K+CAN to see if I could connect that to the car, but it doesn't seem to connect. I am very PC literate, but I haven't used car software before and am not sure which cable/software (apart from VAG-COM stuff, but my budget doesn't run to that) to buy.
So my questions are:
Will my cable work?
If not why not?
If not what do you suggest I buy?

Many thanks

Deleted member 103408

Thanks for the quick reply,
Which software would you suggest for the OBD11 then?

www.obdeleven.com is the software and you buy their dongle to code the car via the OBD2 Port.

Please note it only works on Android devices and connects via bluetooth.

Last edited by a moderator:

scanlanlee

Jan 4, 2018
No android, That’s why I didn’t buy an original OBD11
Any other suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scanlanlee

Jan 4, 2018
No, don’t/won’t use android at all!
Must be another solution.
I have used Carista, but will want to add a reversing camera and know it will need to be ‘switched on’

Deleted member 103408

No, don’t/won’t use android at all!
Must be another solution.
I have used Carista, but will want to add a reversing camera and know it will need to be ‘switched on’

VCDS, I think they do a 3 VIN license that is cheaper but if you only want apple then go to the istore and have a look, I have not seen much posting on this site for many other tools for this bit of the coding.

scanlanlee

Jan 4, 2018
VCDS, do you have a link?
I use PC’s as well as Mac’s, but just won’t buy an android phone just for this.
What cable would I need for VCDS as well, thanks

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK

Deleted member 103408

May have to do that then. Just find using android a pain!
But thanks for the suggestion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can also use an android phone (they can be very cheap and you can start to use other apps like Torque Pro, where you can show lots of interesting data on the phone in real time via the ECU.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members