value of an arosa? worth £500?

olethalb

ibiza gone!!!
Oct 9, 2008
bracknell
basically, my mate has offered me his black 1l 52 plate arosa today only as he's got a buyer tomorrow.

the bodywork is a bit tatty, the screen is cracked and he clipped a curb last night and cracked an alloy and bent the lower arm slightly.

it has T&T but generally poor condition.

i would search the web but access is restricted at work, all but scn and clubpolo have been barred and he wants an answer on it today.

he's asking £500 for it with a new lower arm. i just need a runner while i sell the ibiza would it be woth getting it and doing the bits or tell him to keep it?

this is not a for sale thread i just want opinions of worth please.

thanks.

Last edited:

warren_cox

Back from the dead
they are actually (when looked after) amazingly good little run arounds. Wife had a 'W' reg 1.0L Arosa new may years ago, but some old bitch in a Rover 800 with an empty horse box drove straight over the back of it at 40mph (wife was on a B road at stand still waiting to turn right) and wrote it off a less than 10k miles. She replaced it with a Lupo 1.4 and that suprisingly wasn't a particular improvement. Again a case where in those days the SEAT was every bit the match and more of its VW counterpart.

Cheap to service, tax, insure, and an incredibly strong little car as my wife is still in working order after her prang. If it looks like it could be a low cost runner you aren't having to aptch up every other week then it would be a good buy.

olethalb

ibiza gone!!!
Oct 9, 2008
bracknell
is kind of what i was thinking, i had two mk1 arosa's i faid £350 each for and i battered them and they loved it.

just unsure if i'd get my cash back probably £750 by the time i've fixed the screen and little bits.

not certain on the later type engines either, the mk1 had a older style polo engine that took abuse well but have no experience of the next gen lump (if you can call a 1l that. lol!)

warren_cox

Back from the dead
think some of the petrol engines ha weak oil pumps, but cant remember if it was the 1400cc or the 1000cc. Oil pump stopped pushing oil to the top of the engine and could cause cam damage etc... If you can see a cam lobe from the oil filler cap aperture see if there is any scoring or marks.

olethalb

ibiza gone!!!
Oct 9, 2008
bracknell
hmm, i'm leaning towards buying this more.

thanks for the advice on pump wear, i've rebuilt a few older (dizzy) type polo/arosa engines but i really don't want to get onto that for a £500 car.

olethalb

ibiza gone!!!
Oct 9, 2008
bracknell
i found a lower arm in my parts stash so just went round fitted it up and checked nothing else was bent. we had a little chat and gave him £300 for it!!!!

T. Spark

Or put up some pictures, and depending I will purchase it and you can make abit of money :D

s10mph

VAG car nut
Mar 1, 2008
Thundersley
A 2002 car, Worth £500 anyday mate. Fix the few problems and and sell it on. Learners are always looking for 1.0litre cars.

olethalb

ibiza gone!!!
Oct 9, 2008
bracknell
bitsforsale100109003.jpg

poor pic but you get the idea.

mac83

£300!!!?? You jammy ***:censored:***!!! I paid £450 for my 10yr old MK1 with a few months test and no tax. The old 1.0 lumps do seem to like being abused tho. Mine's done over 100k and it still pulls well through all the gears and gets about 40-45mpg. Cracking little cars.

Got yourself a BAR-GAIN there mate. :thumbup:

olethalb

ibiza gone!!!
Oct 9, 2008
bracknell
yeaterday i fitted some golf steels, but i want some mk1 arosa rear clusters now.

so if anyone wants a straight swap for the mk2 items let me know?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members