Very Strange: car fully reset after regenerating

pacm0n

Dec 15, 2008
DERBYSHIRE
Hello all.....

Something very strange happened to my Leon today. (FR TDI)

Driving along and it went to the dreaded 1000 rpm obviously regenerating the DPF, anyhow I stopped at the shop switched the ignition off, all was fine but it was still regenerating when I switched the engine off.

When I went back to the car switched the ignition on............gone, everything had reset itself, from the clock (was showing 00:00) to the trip mile counter, everything was showing zero. The only thing that had kept to its original state was the total miles for the car.

Just wondered if you think I should take it to the dealers so they can look over it and if this has happened to any of you guys? The car is running fine, if not better since it has happened.

JonoUK

Apr 29, 2007
North Yorkshire
I'd take it to a dealer if it were my car. I got an emissions light on my car once, didn't affect the performance or anything, and even though the light went out shortly after (after I'd turned the car off and left it for a while) it still went in... They replaced some kind of sensor and touch wood it's been fine since.

I'd not want a dodgy sensor screwing things up down the line, even though these things are meant to be failsafe (I assume).

pacm0n

Dec 15, 2008
DERBYSHIRE
Thanks for your reply.

Ive decided to leave it and not bother taking it to the dealers. Everything seems ok, running fine and no dash lights have been on since.

If it happens again I might take it back.

Cheers

pacm0n

Dec 15, 2008
DERBYSHIRE
Well, just a update really.

It has happend again 3 times today and twice over the weekend.

It seems to be when I give the car some harsh acceleration and stop it ticks over at 1000 rpm. (done it 3 times today alone) If I then switch the engine off when its ticking over at 1000 rpm and leave for 5 mins the whole ECU resets.

I have booked it in at the dealers but they said on the phone if the computer doesnt pick anything up when you bring it in nothing is wrong with it :shrug:

Another thing, ive got a really loud hissing to the left of the engine on half throttle between 2000 and 3000 rpm, is this the turbo spooling? never heard it before?

Feb 12, 2006
North Lincolnshire.
The hissing happens on mine too.Doesn't seem to be any pipes off or anything so I presume its normal.
Tell the dealers B***OCKS.There is obviously a fault with the car.When I give mine some hard acceleration it doesnt happen.Reckon it may be the dpf dodgy or something on the ecu.