VMaxx coilovers

cupralooks

More Power Needed
Jul 3, 2006
HI everyone,

Just a quick thread to see if anyone has purchased a set of VMaxx coilovers and ifso what have their experieces been, good or bad and what the ride is like.

I am thinking of getting a set but not sure if they are any good at £300

.Thoughts everyone.

Many Thanks

Alex

Black TDI Turbo

Shussssh Its A Diesel ...
Oct 2, 2005
North East
I had a look at these ones:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Seat-Ibiza-99...4923469QQihZ018QQcategoryZ40192QQcmdZViewItem

The company is only up the road from me bout 15mins so im guna have a pop up and have a look at a set see what the quality is like. bit unsure tho. Alot of people say dont get them there **** go for fk's etc... or seat sport kit but how suppose they are only going off what theyve heard or previous experiences. Ive only seen a few people on here that ahve had them and they say they've had no problems so im guessing its abit of a risk but could turn out ok. If not they come with warranty.

cupralooks

More Power Needed
Jul 3, 2006
See that is what I am thinking, I have had heard that theu are made by the same people that make the FKs but justr dont have the label, but then I think how good can coilovers be for £300.

Just not sure weather to spend the extra £90 and get Fks, but even then I have had heard bad experieces from FK.

My friend had a set of Fks from Venom and the spring snapped then he was driving along which is really not good so Im not sure.

Once you have had a look at the coilovers can you let me know what the quality is like?

Black TDI Turbo

Shussssh Its A Diesel ...
Oct 2, 2005
North East
yeh can do i doubt ill be able to get there for a couple of weeks as i dont finish work til half 5 n im working the next 2 saturdays will have to check and see when there open

pdcupra

Ibiza-less
Aug 11, 2006
King's Lynn
my mate chris999 had these on his ibiza, i bought fk highsports for £100 more, and wished id bought the vmaxx ones instead, they are a good budget kit imo, just keep them well lubed and your sorted

cupralooks

More Power Needed
Jul 3, 2006
HI Ibizacupra,

When you said that they are supplied with the wrong assister spring rates is that something that you have heard or experienced?

Sorry to sound dumb but what is the assister spring rate?

cupralooks

More Power Needed
Jul 3, 2006
Hi PDcupra,

Why would you get the Vmaxx coilovers? how are they better than the Fks?

Have you heard anything about the assistor spring rate being wrong?

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
HI Ibizacupra,

When you said that they are supplied with the wrong assister spring rates is that something that you have heard or experienced?

Sorry to sound dumb but what is the assister spring rate?

Olly20vt on here bought some.
what was supplied was wrong for mk3 cupra. spring rates on the assistor springs was too high, which meant a very low lb spring for a level of travel before it compressed and main spring would work... which is bouncy bouncy and shite.
stack height also wrong because of this

I dont remember the rates

hadz

Jan 30, 2005
West Sussex
I have had a set of these on my car for about 6 months now and i cant fault them at all. Give a fairly firm ride and make the car handle alot better than standard around the bends!

cupralooks

More Power Needed
Jul 3, 2006
So guys anfd girls do you think that I should save the money and get a set of Vmaxxs or spend the extra and get the FKs????

Hadz, where did you get your coilovers from, and were they difficult to setup?

hadz

Jan 30, 2005
West Sussex
i got them direct from the supplier in germany, but i know big boys toys do them now. When i bought them no one was selling them. The set up wasnt hard at all!

Olly20VT

Jun 8, 2004
Stroud Glos ,England
Olly20vt on here bought some.
what was supplied was wrong for mk3 cupra. spring rates on the assistor springs was too high, which meant a very low lb spring for a level of travel before it compressed and main spring would work... which is bouncy bouncy and shite.
stack height also wrong because of this

I dont remember the rates

I was sold the mk2 kit but they call the mk3 a mk2 facelift but even then the kit looked all wrong for a mk2 or 3.
I can't remember the sprong rates.

( these were NOT bought from bill )

All in all i had a bad time with them so spent asmuch as i could on suspention because i want them to last and keep the same feel for years.

Dec 31, 2005
London
Im thinking about getting a set of these, mainly because of the cost as after I factor in fitting, new tyres (and fitting of those) im going to be spending around £700 which is really stretching the budget, but I remember the trouble you had with these olly, just wondered if since then anymore people have bought them and had good things to say about them!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members