voice control for phone?

F8 CMR

Sep 6, 2009
South Shields
i use my phone quite alot when driving and im sick of clicking through every name seperately.
could anyone help me out with how to programme my phone book into the voice control as it keeps tellign me there is no phonebook saved? ive looked in my manual and carnt find anything.
any help will be mcuh appreciated
cheers Cal

PhildFR

Dec 20, 2009
For voice dialling you have to add the numbers manually I think!!!

Press the microphone button on your steering wheel

Say Say Name

You will hear "the name please"

Say the name then you will be asked the number

Say number slowly and clearly it's then repeated back i think!!

Then say Save or store cant remember

repeat for all numbers you want to use via voice control

Then to make a call press microphone button say SELECT NAME you will be asked the name say name you will then hear your voice saying that name then say dial and it should work

hope this helps

I agree it's a bit of a pain to do, but it's worth it IMHO. It's best to do the phonebook creation when you're parked somewhere quiet rather than while driving, as it's less frustrating when you can concentrate fully on it and also any cabin noise during the name recording will be included and might spoil the recognition of the same name later.
Also, I think my pronunciation must be awful as you need to say "store" when you've finished saying the number and on my system it kept misinterpreting 'store' as '*4' (star-four)... bloomin' annoying as it's tricky to go back without repeating the whole number, I found. I think I found a way to delete just the last characters entered eventually... YMMV! ;)

What I *do* like about the system is that it lets you say numbers in groups and using natural language like 'oh' and 'double'.
For instance, if the number was 07711 112233, you could say it as "zero" then wait for confirmation, then "seven" (wait for confirmation), etc, etc...
or just "oh-double-seven-double-one". Then the system will repeat the whole first part of the number back to you. :)

I must admit, I always check the recent calls list first (via the MFD) and then use the voice controlled phonebook if the person I want isn't in the list. If the person I want to call isn't in any of the call stacks or in the voice dial phonebook, I just dial using the phone. Scrolling through my whole phonebook is too slow and painful, even if holding the button down to skip one letter at a time.

I use a Brodit Pro-Clip (on the A-pillar) for my iPhone and find it easy/safe to use when it's in there. ;)

Maximus2000uk

My Nokia has a built-in voice recognition thing so I just press a button, say the persons name, and the phone works out who I want to call without me ever having to record the names. Its so much easier than having to programme the SEAT system!

The alternative, is to set people up in your phone as 'A James' and 'A Max' so that when you go to the Directory on the MFD, their names come up right at the top opposed to having to scroll through endless pages on the small screen which is obviously rather distracting. At least if you've got the most popular names you dial at the top, its easier.

F8 CMR

Sep 6, 2009
South Shields
my car seems to be missing that manual as i defantly have never seen that before!
after a very frustrating 20 mins i eventually got it to do what i wanted and seems to be working great so thanks for all your help!
havnt had a chance to do the calipers yet chris been to cold and the health has been so good recently will try get round to doing it in the near future tho:)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.