Volkswagen To Sell China-Made Cars In Europe Through Cupra

adrianator

Sep 13, 2022
"Volkswagen announced that it would be importing vehicles made in China into Europe."

"For Volkswagen, the model to be exported from China would be the upcoming production version of the Cupra Tavascan."

Prepare for low quality :confused:

@Syphon, maybe this is worth of a news article :)

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
I’ve never trusted magazine reviews for any product, big spenders on advertising tend to get good reviews, ‘pretty good reviews’ wouldn’t encourage me, tremendous reviews, now that’s tag, but, take ten people you’ll get ten different opinions, usually.

Reactions: adrianator

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
Why would a car made by machines in China be any worse than those made by machines in Egypt (as some SEAT models are)? And I’d expect rising numbers of EV’S to come direct from China as is happening with MINI.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
How is the quality of those made in Egypt? No intention of buying ev so no effect on me.

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
I worked in a Honda dealership when China made Jazz were brought in, PDI’s no longer were an easy task, quality was terrible.
I had 5 x Jazz's made in Japan and 1 made in Swindon. I thought the Swindon made vehicle was worse (only my opinion :D).

Railwayman

Jun 13, 2022
Lancashire
So were these Jazz's made in China or Japan:confused:
I think we’re very fortunate that most cars are built to exceptional standards these days, wherever they’re from! My early days in the motor industry (1980s) were spent explaining to Citroen, Peugeot, Fiat and Austin Rover customers why their cars were so badly put together! Terrible paintwork, water leaks everywhere, windows that dropped of mechanisms etc The list was endless🤷‍♂️ I was fortunate enough in 1987 to get a job selling VW/Audi. The difference was amazing even then. The Audis were not great sellers at that time, but the Golf’s and Polos sold very well. They still required new sills after a while though😬

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members