Vr6 leon !!!

L17KKE

Tha Stig
Jun 9, 2009
hey bin readin an engine conversion thread on the ibiza forum and it got me thinking bout doing something similar although i have absolutly no clue on wat to do so i would have to get it fitted by someone if anyone knows any good places in leeds that do this please let me know. But the main thing i wanted to know is would a VW VR6 engine fit into a leon its a 1.8 non turbo one but i want to do summat diffrent so thought the VR6 would be a good route this is what iv found so far let me know what you think.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/golf-vr6-engine-2-8_W0QQitemZ320423063196QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item4a9ab3ee9c&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

mjt

Jul 12, 2008
money saved on a conversion will help pay for the insurance ;)

although surely insurance wouldn't be much more for a lhd than a converted rhd?
one is a stock car, the other isn't

L17KKE

Tha Stig
Jun 9, 2009
that would probly be spent repairin it when i try to over take somebody from the left hand side of the car

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
How can you raise insurance as a reason for not buying a LHD car, the insurance company will rinse you for an engine conversion!

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
buy a lft hand drive 2.8 vr6 with 4 wheel drive and you can spend less ££££ converting it to right hand drive without the aggro of an engine conversion.:clap:

by the time you bought one/imported it and converted it, would be cheaper the other way round

i'd rather swap an engine over then convert a LHD - ooho boy

better still import a left hooker and leave it as it is, i know i would

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
yes vr6 would be "different" as they weren't sold here...

but it would be one slow ass vr6 powered leon! i'd spend the money later by saving now...

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
why go VR6? why not use the more powerful R32 version of the engine,and then supercharge it.Now that would be worth the hassle.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
dont forget that you will also get the four wheel drive in the deal.

The only good thing about that 4WD system is the independent rear suspension... 204bhp doesn't need all four wheels driven

I wouldn't put an aged VR6 into a Leon, utterly pointless.

ikhlaq206

Its all about the .:R
Jul 25, 2006
well the leon would sound INSANE with the VW VR6 engine!!
then supercharge it

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
AUE leon V6 is basically a AAA Vr6 motor with a better top end design and tweaks to make the extra 30bhp

became an AUE in later golfs anyway

bottom end wise prettty much the same, same crank even

Last edited: