Vredestein Upgrade Sessanta

Elmo

Mar 4, 2014
Does anyone know what is happening with the supply of Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta? I am trying to get a couple of 225 40 18 for the fronts on my LCR, but lots of places are out of stock for this size. Is it just the time of year, or are the stopping supply of these tyres in this size?

I've had these on the car for a couple of years and have been very pleased with them, but if I can't get them at a reasonable price, can anyone recommend a good alternative? I had the Hankook k120 evo2 on my S4 before, and they were reasonably good and more hard wearing than the soft Contisports I had on in before.

Any recommendations?

Last edited:

LCR64

I m just the cook.
Mar 24, 2006
I ran Sessanta on my LCR for years and was pleased with them but like you due to supply issues I swopped all 4 tyres recently to Michellin Pilot Sport 4 S and they are in a different league and should have switched a long time ago.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
I’ve had sessantas before along with lots of others cheap to pricy.
Now use Yokohama Advan Flevas.
New pattern this year.
Very good tyre tbh.
Wet grip is very impressive, in the dry on a warm day they work a treat.
And alll for 110 each.
Thinking of going down the AD08R for this spring and summer as track day is looming.
What’s your budget?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Elmo

Mar 4, 2014
I was looking for a good road tyre rather than a track orientated tyre.

Something under £80 a corner, but don't mind going a little more if. It is likely to last a little longer.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
The first one I mentioned isn’t a track tyre. Just Yokohama’s latest road tyre. Their best in wet so far they said.
And it’s good. 110 isn’t too much for decent rubber.
At 80 quid , I’m not sure what’s about.
For our size wheel it’s budget/ mid range price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.