Walbro Fuel Inline Pump (2 Wires)

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Righto I have a walbro Inline fuel pump 255lph version and its all mounted up and secured with brackets and i used Braided fuel lines and AN fittings too..

But there only 2 wires i have to connect up...Can anybody tell me were they are..~?

I know you have to splice in to the Fuel Pump Relay and Ignition switch

Any info would be Greatfull..

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
you scare me..

2 wires what are they for?????

1. earth
2. power

Power should be fused, from output from relay, which is either switching another relay or jumpered off the existing feed line. (hence fused already)

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
direct fused pos battery feed via a ign switched relay

&

chassis gnd

no no no :wtf:

That is a dangerous way to feed.
use the std pump switch relay, which in the event of engine off, ign on, switches OFF the fuel pump.

think of the scenario, crashed, engine is off, ign is on, fuel line is ruptured, and walbro keeps pumping fuel... Bad Thing!

Feb 25, 2007
cheshire
just use a feed from the oem fuel pump because that is an ignition feed so if you have a crash it would also cut the feed, best way for you otherwise your gonna have to put your own relay. so all thats your feed (positive). Then as your gonna be wiring near the oem fuel pump you may aswel use the oem earth(negative)

I think that should work fine danny

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Last edited:

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
Right i'm wiring this up for Danny as he is like Edward scissor hands when it comes to wires!

Iv got access to the standard pump wires and there are 4 off it now when i test the 2 main (blue and brown) wires for voltage with the ignition on the blue wire only gives 3 volts (im assuming the brown is the ground and blue is live)

Now is this just because its only on ignition and when you start it up would it give 12volts? Or is this the wrong one totally?

Any help would be great

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
if you are doing that at the pump, 2 of those wires (the smaller gauge 2) are the fuel level sender unit.
from memory the outer 2 are the pump feed and earth

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
Yeh thats what i thought Bill there the wires im using, but the problem ive got is when i read it with a volt meter on the ignition it only shows 3 volts, will this increase to 12 volts when the cars started or should it be showing 12 volts on ignition. We can't turn the car on at the min you see as theres no oil in it!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.