Warning about any remap and Warranty

Apr 28, 2012
gravesend
im kind of worried now i was thinking about getting a revo remap for my 1.6tdi ibiza after its had its m.o.t cause the car will be 3 years old then..........should i be worried

Apr 28, 2012
gravesend
i was under the impression that the warranty lasts for 3 years when the car is made so after 3 years you are able to remap it and it wont be under warranty

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Indeed. At least, that's the case with my Leon. Has about 9 months left of the 3 years of warranty.

Glad I have the warranty :s

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
so after my car is 3 years old and has had its 3 year m.o.t. would i be ok to have a map as mine is a 59 reg ibiza

Mot is entirely separate from warranty.

But yes after your warranty period is over, it's all your own responsibility.
You can have it remapped as much as you want without affecting warranty...because you won't have one. Not on the engine anyway.
Granted, if it breaks...the bill is all yours :)

Apr 28, 2012
gravesend
thats what worries me but as far as i know noone has had any worries with there remaps yet who have had them on there 1.6tdi engines as the revo ma only came out a couple of months ago

Deleted member 49882

If you map car during the 3yr warranty, engine warranty is null and void. However, after 3years from new, the warrant no longer exists and you can do whatever you want. As said, if something goes wrong, then you will pick up the tab (mapped or not). Might as well get it mapped.

Apr 28, 2012
gravesend
what im thinking if i got a revo stage one im looking at about 140hp..ive got a K@N replacement cone filter in the airbox...im looking into a custom cat-back exhaust system....custom front mount intercooler tobe bigger than the standard one..hoping for about 145hp if not abit more with all this done.