Warranty for Seat Toledo

aggie

Apr 28, 2009
I called in to my local Seat Dealer to rectify an amber light showing on the instrument panel. I took delivery of the car on 30th May 2007 and thought that the work would be carried out under warranty. How wrong I was the garage informed me that my warranty had expired 2 months earlier and relieved me of 85 pounds for cleaning the switch contacts on the airbag deactivater.

Can anybody tell me if the warranty starts from when the car was registered 30/5/07 or when the car left the factory 30/3/07 which is what the garage is trying to tell me. If the garage is right it means that I have lost 2 months of my warranty? Cheers aggie.

aggie

Apr 28, 2009
Hi Shady, Yes I bought the car in Spain and it is definately a 2 year warranty. aggie

aggie

Apr 28, 2009
warranty

Hi again, I emailed the Seat Garage in Spain where I bought the car and they assure me that my car is still in warranty and they have sent me written confirmation. So its back to the Seat Garage to get my 83 pounds back. Although I will ring Seat Customer Services first and get something in writing from them. Keep you posted. aggie

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
I believe the warranty starts the day it is registered, so if you bought it brand new unregistered, then you should have the priviledge of a full warranty.

Its unlikely it would be registered at the factory as it would be losing value straightaway.

Shady is right, dealers hate grey imports as they know how much you would have saved initially, as well as them having to deal with potentially different parts. But trading standards will be very interested to hear about a dealer not honouring a manufacturers warranty.

aggie

Apr 28, 2009
warranty

Hi Slimy, Yes my local Seat garage are trying to say that is the case with my Toledo. However, I have been on to Seat UK and Seat Fuengirola Spain and they both say the same thing my car was registered new on 30.05.2007 and is subject to a full 2 years warranty. Seat Uk have contacted the garage and put them straight but I am still out of pocket by 84 pounds. What I need to do now is try and get my money back. I was misled by the garage from the start and forced to pay the bill to get my car back. Seat Uk are making inquiries and said that they will ring me back sometime tomorrow with the outcome.

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
I don't suppose you used a credit card for the payment? If so, then they should also be involved.

As for them ringing you back, don't give them an inch. If you've not heard from them by lunchtime, call them and get them to give you a specific time for a response.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.