Warranty question

Aaftab Mughal

Jun 4, 2020
Slough
I have a Leon St. it’s literally 3 weeks old. Today I pulled the retractable boot cover and heard something snap. One of the plastic hump that holds the cover has broken off.

Will seat fix this under warranty?

Steve J

May 26, 2019
If it's snapped off and you didn't rip the cover then yeah it should be covered clearly not wear and tear at 3 weeks old. Mines fine at 2 years old!

Steve J

May 26, 2019
no rips in the cover. The cover is still new! I’ve only opened and closed it a few times

Sorry should of been more specific, rips as in you've ripped it out with force and speed. Should of used a different word. But if you've just pulled it out normally then I'm sure they'll cover it. Probably wouldn't cost them much to put it right. Just very annoying!

Aaftab Mughal

Jun 4, 2020
Slough
Sorry should of been more specific, rips as in you've ripped it out with force and speed. Should of used a different word. But if you've just pulled it out normally then I'm sure they'll cover it. Probably wouldn't cost them much to put it right. Just very annoying!
Oh I see! No I pulled with normal force.

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
I have a Leon St. it’s literally 3 weeks old. Today I pulled the retractable boot cover and heard something snap. One of the plastic hump that holds the cover has broken off.

Best thing to do is call the sales man you got the car from and ask him.

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018

If they do it would be a goodwill gesture from the dealer themselves, Seat would say it's driver damage.

I once had the air con condenser leak, where a small stone passed through the grill (without any damage) and holed the soft aluminium, I was told 'driver damage' and no warranty cover with an £800 bill.

Aaftab Mughal

Jun 4, 2020
Slough
If they do it would be a goodwill gesture from the dealer themselves, Seat would say it's driver damage.

I once had the air con condenser leak, where a small stone passed through the grill (without any damage) and holed the soft aluminium, I was told 'driver damage' and no warranty cover with an £800 bill.
That’s what I’m thinking. But I pulled it just like anyone else would to cover the luggage. I’ll call the local dealer..

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Since dieselgate, based on VAG car owners comments on various forums, VAG seem to be taking a much stricter approach to warranty claims - I suppose they have to reduce their costs wherever and whenever they can to help fund the cost of dieselgate ?

@Aaftab Mughal - don’t be surprised if the dealer tells you the damage to your boot cover is the result of an ‘external influence’ (i.e.someone using excessive force on it), so not covered under warranty rather than the damage being the result of a manufacturing defect which would be covered. However as @BoomerBoom has said, the dealer may be prepared to replace it under goodwill as the car is only three weeks old.

Aaftab Mughal

Jun 4, 2020
Slough
Since dieselgate, based on VAG car owners comments on various forums, VAG seem to be taking a much stricter approach to warranty claims - I suppose they have to reduce their costs wherever and whenever they can to help fund the cost of dieselgate ?

@Aaftab Mughal - don’t be surprised if the dealer tells you the damage to your boot cover is the result of an ‘external influence’ (i.e.someone using excessive force on it), so not covered under warranty rather than the damage being the result of a manufacturing defect which would be covered. However as @BoomerBoom has said, the dealer may be prepared to replace it under goodwill as the car is only three weeks old.

Thanks for the heads up. I called city gate Slough, my local dealer and told them that the retractable boot cover doesn’t click into place on one side. Cars booked in on the 18th August. The guy said some one will give it a quick visual inspection and if parts need to be ordered I’ll be booked on again. Let’s see what happens! The car is 4 weeks and 2 days old in thought it was 3 weeks. Time flies.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Snip ----- Snip

While that would annoy me, it is the correct response from any car dealership - until the rules change and all new cars are designed with stone protection for the condenser and radiator, and I'd doubt if that will ever happen as most people are lucky enough to avoid that problem.

BillyCool

Jan 16, 2020
Leicestershire, UK
If you're talking about the clips/locking mechanism, it's a known issue with the ST's and have been repaired before under warranty. Depending on what is actually broken (I'm not sure from your post), it's actually quite a job apparently to get it all out just to replace a small clip.

Mine broke a year ago and isn't under warranty any more. One day when I get brave I'll have a go at it.

Hope you get it sorted.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise