warrenty camera

gazjones

im not going to mention the dealer as there is not point! but i will tell you what has happend i went in two weeks ago on a sat and asked about my bent exhaust andasked if they could have a look at it and was told no as they didnt have a camera at their disposal and said to book it in another time when they had one, i thought fair enough. i then rang uyp today and asked if i could book the car in for this sat morning, he service advisor said he was dealing with a cosdtomer and took my number. called back bit later and followed convosation on. i was then told that the dealer only has access to a camera from monday to friday and i would have to book it in in the week. for me that isnt really good enough as i work long hours in the week and cant really take time off to have the dealer take pictures of my car and request it to be sorted through warrenty! i shouldnt have to lose out as the car should be covered under warrenty. i wouldnt expect them to turn around and say they didnt have a pices of equipment available on a sat that meant they couldnt do work on cars so why is this different? any views on what i should do will be very helpfull its just getting on my nerves now as the exhaust looks completely wrong this is how bent it is
gaz10.jpg

CH1

Jul 6, 2004
gazjones said:
im not going to mention the dealer as there is not point! but i will tell you what has happend i went in two weeks ago on a sat and asked about my bent exhaust andasked if they could have a look at it and was told no as they didnt have a camera at their disposal and said to book it in another time when they had one, i thought fair enough. i then rang uyp today and asked if i could book the car in for this sat morning, he service advisor said he was dealing with a cosdtomer and took my number. called back bit later and followed convosation on. i was then told that the dealer only has access to a camera from monday to friday and i would have to book it in in the week. for me that isnt really good enough as i work long hours in the week and cant really take time off to have the dealer take pictures of my car and request it to be sorted through warrenty! i shouldnt have to lose out as the car should be covered under warrenty. i wouldnt expect them to turn around and say they didnt have a pices of equipment available on a sat that meant they couldnt do work on cars so why is this different? any views on what i should do will be very helpfull its just getting on my nerves now as the exhaust looks completely wrong this is how bent it is
gaz10.jpg

woah, looks like you typed that in a hurry *sp. warranty;)

that does look bent.

1. Is there another dealership nearby you could take it... or
2. could they come out to you?? (like when they do collection/delivery when they book cars for service etc)
3. send them this photo by e-mail:D

Must admit most dealerships I've come across seem to operate only half day on Sat.

gazjones

im thinking of sending them this but not sure they will accept it as its not super clear although you can see its bent no other dealers withing 45 miles or an hour
i might just forget about it and get a milltek back box as the time its got sorted ill be getting one anyway i think lol

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.