Water in Door

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
Driving to work yesterday after the poor weather over the weekend I hear a sloshing towards the rear of my car, at 1st I thought I had a leak and was collecting in the boot, but as I drove I remembered a thread on here on Leon (I think) area about the drainage hole in doors getting blocked, When I got to work I opened the Rear nearside door and swung it to and fro, and there was the Sloshing, Called Seat on the way home and yes they have has experience if the holes blocking and water getting retained on Toledo's and other models.

What I cannot believe is the earlier they can book the car in to fix it is 24th September (yes I did require a courtesy car(Don't look forward to being cramped in a little Ibiza hatch again Makes you realise how spacious the Toledo is :D) Maybe they can loan me the Leon Cupra ST they have there *I Wish* )

1st issue I have had with this car and owned it for 16 Months and done just over 20K, just had its 2nd Service and that was a 3 week wait got it in at 19,985 miles on clock, (needed to be under 20K for the free servicing,

Hope all others are enjoying their Toledo's :)

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Its easy to let the water out (go look on the Rapid threads)

Your drainholes may be blocked with sealing wax - this can be sorted by you.

The dealer should be aware of a fix to the rubbers on the bottom of the door.

Search Briskoda Rapid section, there are some long threads about a year ago.

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
Yeah they were aware of it. I worry about breaking something so whilst I have warranty I'll make them do the work lol

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

the bert

Nov 28, 2015
Ditto this problem as well.
Dealer advised to simply pull the rubber down and allow teh water to to escape.... did that was like a pipe letting go, amazed how much water was inside.
Dealer said teh door inner is classed as "wet area" and not to worry, i trimmed a tiny bit of rubber away on the inner edge under the door on both sides, have not had the problem since.

WARNING - stand back when pulling the rubber away soaked shoe and trouser leg damm it :cry:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.