water in rear footwell behind driver

brad1

Hi all
before you asked, i did a search, found loads for other footwells, but not the one behind the drivers, my footwell behind the drivers seat is soaked, the car is parked on drive at night, with a slight slope, the back of the car slighlty higher, i just cant see where the water is coming from, aarrgghh
anyhelp appreciated

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
it'll be the door seals,just like everyone elses.And there is an alarming increase in this.My quick fix hasn't worked. :(

brad1

it'll be the door seals,just like everyone elses.And there is an alarming increase in this.My quick fix hasn't worked. :(

so i actually have to take the door card off, and this will be the back door right?

toejam237

water in car

dont know if youve sorted this yet as its been a while since your post, i had the same problem but with a new vw polo when they first came out, in the end it turned out to be a gromit in the door recess (run your hands arounf the edge of the doors and youll feel one somewhere.) one had fallen out and every time it rained the footwell filled up.
cheers
toejam237

04jam

Almost certainly the front door leaking my was the same .
take off the door card and check to see if any water has made it inside if so grab yourself some silicon sealant and give it a run round the inner plate,you might have to slacken of the bolts to get right in. i did this and so far so good ,hope it works for you

enbracefan

leon have a fault on them,

Driver's side doors leak due to a manufactuer fault,

There is a mod available from seat for it fixing around £160 if they do it a dealer,

try a new door seal and take original off and put in very hot water to
re soften it and then coat wi wax oil where the seal goes and then pop the
seal back on, that should cure it,

I had same prob but going into front drivers footwell & kickplate,

Reagrds.,

Dan

04jam

most leons don't leak from the door seal its the actuator plate behind the door card

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members